Chapter 21 Home For The Holidays

Chapter 21
Home For The Holidays

HELLO EVERYONE. BASICALLY, I HOPE YOU ALL REALLY ENJOY THIS CHAPTER AND HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Picture - Leyla Bowls

🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅🎄🎁🎅

"I can't believe I haven't seen my mum for two whole months!" Ellen gasped as she, Abigail, Kavin, Rosalinda and Betty gathered around the doorbell.

Leyla Bowls opened the door and screamed, opening her arms out wide, longing for a hug from her daughter.

"My little baby girl! I love you! I've missed you so much. You've been travelling through time and space for months while I've just been watching Loose Women and listening to Little Mix." Leyla whispered, her throat dry from excitement.

"I thought you were fine with me travelling?" Ellen questioned her mother.

"I am! I am. And you enjoy it so much. But, I just get a little lonely, you know? And all I have for company is Randall across the road, and he's not very....comfortable to be around is he. I've been trying so hard to avoid him." Leyla sighed as she opened the door wider and let Ellen's friends pass through.

"You could always stay with Gran." Ellen said, letting a giggle escape from her mouth.

Leyla chuckled. "The last time I did that, I nearly stabbed myself. Literally! She bumped into me while I was cutting onions!"

She led the gang into the lounge and sat down.

"If you want a drink, feel free to help yourself. That my rule. I'm not being mean, or impolite, but I just think that if you want coffee or ribena that much, I think you should go and get it yourself. That's just me." Leyla smiled as 5 pairs of eyes glared at her while mumbling politely.

Leyla cleared her throat and continued. "So Betty, where do you come from?"

"BETHLEHEM!" Rosalinda screamed at the TV randomly.

"Rosa! Shut up. She was talking to Betty." Ellen snapped as Rosalinda sank back down into the sofa while pretending to be an elf.

Betty blinked slowly and awkwardly before eventually replying "I was born in Bristol in 1940. I met my Harold in 1955, at a football match. I don't personally like football, but my older brother dragged me along. And I'm so glad he did, or I would never have met Harold." Leyla nodded, interested in Betty's life story, but Rosalinda sighed. Betty ignored her and continued. "I live in Cardiff, just like you. Obviously, because we're in Cardiff right now. My house is just a few streets away."

Leyla nodded again, not really knowing what to say.

"Yeah, so we really need to get going," Abigail interrupted, "You know, Christmas decorations. And we haven't even bought a tree! Plus we need a turkey, and we need to go shopping, etc." She was totally aware of Kavin's slight crush on Leyla, so she wanted to keep them away from each other as much as possible. She was not at all surprised that he hadn't said anything yet.

"We can stay for a bit, can't we?"Kavin defended himself from his fiancee, sweat trickling down his face, embarrassed and scared that Abigail would tell Leyla of his and her engagement.

"No, we need to go NOW!" Abigail insisted, standing up and dragging Kavin to the door.

"Now, now, dearie," Betty warned, "I know you love him but I'm sure Leyla here doesn't mind letting Kavin stay for a few days. After all, it is Christmas. Do you mind, Leyla, my petal?"