Lure of the Cinnamon Roll

"What am I doing?" Carrie muttered to herself as she stood shivering on the sidewalk outside Bliss Day Spa clutching the gift certificate in her gloved hand. This is crazy. I have the day off, I should've stayed under the covers at home, but no I had to get out of bed and come here. Glaring once more at the grey stone building with the elaborately scripted sign, she turned back towards her car when the building doors opened and a delicious whiff of cinnamon drifted from the building.

Carrie froze. "That smells good." Her stomach grumbled. "This new diet is so not working."

A petite woman wearing a pale pink uniform emerged from the building. "Welcome to Bliss; you are right on time," she called out to Carrie. "The cinnamon rolls just came out of the oven."

Oh, god. Hot, fresh cinnamon rolls. Carrie squeezed her eyes shut. Forget the diet. She turned on her heels and followed the woman into the building.

Soft, soothing spa music greeted her as soon as she stepped through the door. The spa looked more like a fancy house than a place of business. The woman took Carrie's coat and boots.

"Can I see your certificate, please?" she asked softly.

Carrie handed it over, the woman glanced at it, and ushered her to a different room.

"My name is Sarah," she said, nodding her head demurely. "Please change into the robe and enjoy your breakfast." Sarah turned to leave.

"Uh, wait, Sarah."

"Yes?"

"This is my first time here," Carrie explained. "The robe?"

"Yes, please remove your clothes and put on the robe."

"All my clothes?" Carrie gulped. What did Jay sign me up for?

"Yes, you may fold your clothes and I will collect them when I return."

With that, Sarah left the room, leaving Carrie feeling self-conscious about disrobing. The room was cozy with a fireplace glowing brightly in the corner; a small table held coffee and cinnamon rolls, and the robe was folded on the chaise. Unable to resist, she touched the robe and almost moaned when she felt the thick, luxurious material. What could be the harm? She bit her lip and looked around the room. It wasn't like any one could see her. Slipping out of her clothes, she quickly wrapped the robe around her body and tied the belt. The soft material felt even better against her naked skin.

The aroma of cinnamon rolls and coffee drew her attention to the table. In for a penny; in for a pound, she thought as she bit into the roll oozing with icing.

A soft knock at the door drew Carrie's attention from her last bite. Sarah entered carrying a folded towel in her arms. "Please follow me." Sarah bowed slightly and gestured towards the door.

"Wait, isn't there paperwork for me to fill out? You know, health stuff. Before we begin?"

Sarah shot her a puzzled look. "You completed the paperwork when you booked your appointment."

Jay! Carrie forced a smile, inwardly seething. "Oh, that's right. I forgot." I'm going to get you for this.

Sarah led Carrie down a dimly lit hall and stopped at a door marked 'steam room.'

At Carrie's look of hesitation, Sarah reassured. "As you requested, all your treatment rooms will be private."

Carrie sighed in relief and followed Sarah into the room.

Sarah held out the towel and motioned for Carrie to remove her robe. And I just got used to this thing. It was warm in the room so Carrie slipped out of the robe and wrapped the towel around her middle. While she found a spot to sit, Sarah turned on the steam machine.

"Just relax and I will be back in fifteen minutes."

To be continued...