Chapter Fifty-Four

"It's crazy to think how one simple game took over our entire town. It truly baffles me." I spoke, looking over at Sweet Pea next to me as we both painted the Gargoyle symbols off of Pop's exterior.

"I still can't believe I almost lost you, again! What is this now the third or fourth time?" Sweet Pea laughed in disbelief but worry was still clear in his voice. It had been a week since the game that saw the end of Malachi yet I still found myself peering around every corner, confused as to how I was still alive and with my family.

"I told you that you would never lose me and I meant it. Yes I made some stupid decisions and I pushed you away but I knew you would always be there for me like I will always be there for you." I leant up and placed a kiss on Sweet Pea's lips, butterflies exploding in my stomach the way they did every time our bodies touched. A giggle was heard from beside me as we both smiled and looked down at Charlie who had woken up in our sentimental moment.

"It's us three against the world isn't it little one?" Sweet Pea coo'ed as he leant down and picked Charlie up from her stroller. A giant smile was plastered on her face as she stared up at us both, blissfully unaware that the first few months of her life had been so chaotic and threatening. 

I pinched Charlie's cheeks making her giggle again before continuing to paint Pop's, allowing Sweet Pea time to play peek-a-boo with his daughter on a nearby bench. Seeing the two of them together made my heart feel almost complete but at the same time we were missing a core part of our little family, Fangs.

"We'll get him back you know? I promise. The farm may be some insane Jonestown but Fangs loves you and he'll find his way back." Cheryl comforted me, her hand resting on my shoulder as a tear shed out of my eye. I mustered up a smile reassuring smile, unable to put words together without the tears falling down my face completely. Cheryl pulled out a tissue and dabbed the tears from my eyes before placing a soft kiss on my cheek, over the last year we had grown close but the last week had made our bond inseparable. She helped save me and for that I owed her my life. 

---

"Wait back up, your brother's alive? And he's an FBI agent?" Archie asked as I twirled my straw in my drink not being the slightest bit surprised by this news.

"I mean it makes sense right? We had Chic, who despite the cute was also completely psycho and NOT your brother. Either of yours. I don't know how that flew past your detective brains. Why wouldn't the actual Charles be a secret FBI agent? It's Riverdale after all." I commented before slightly laughing at the craziness that we had grown accustom too.

"It's our half-brother. It's pretty crazy right?" Jughead laughed at my input whilst shaking his head and continuing trying to explain the news to Archie and Veronica.

"Honestly the only crazy thing here is that you both share a sibling now. To me that's the only crazy part about this" Sweet Pea shook his head before putting a fry in his mouth and waiting for the next bit of news. 

"Oh, and my mom is also working for the FBI, undercover at the Farm." Betty continued, I smiled as Jughead rolled his head back still trying to process the news.

"What?" Archie and Sweet Pea asked shocked. It had occurred to me that I hadn't actually told Sweet Pea that part of the story once I had gotten off the phone with Jughead but his reaction was truly worth it.

"Actually, that kind of tracks." Veronica spoke after a moment of silence whilst everyone collected their thoughts.

"Right! I knew Momma Alice hadn't gone completely crazy yet." I high-fived Veronica from across the table as our new-found friendship shone through. 

"What about you Vee? Any word about your mom?" Betty asked as she took a sip of her milkshake.

"She's trying to cut a deal with the DA, but in the meantime Smithers is my legal guardian."

"Wait is Smithers even in the state right now?" I asked confused by the revelation.

"Not exactly but nobody else needs to know that." Veronica winked making me smile at her and her plan.

"Guys, let's make a vow." Archie spoke up making all of us look at him with confused looks on our faces.

"Yeah actually that will be happening in about three months time when we get married. Sorry to burst that bubble there bro." Sweet Pea motioned between himself and I before patting Archie on the back gently as a means to 'let him down'.

"Another one." Archie rolled his eyes at Sweet Pea making all of us laugh. "We've got senior year ahead of us. Let's enjoy it. Let's vow to be done with death cults and murder mysteries and rival gangs and gremlins..." 

Jughead and I's chuckle interrupted Archie before Jughead corrected him.

"It's gargoyles." 

Archie brushed him off completely making me laugh more before he continued on with his 'vow'.

"Our senior year could be the last time we're all together in the same place.  I don't wanna let anything ruin that." Everyone looked around at one another, soft smiles on our faces as we nodded.

"Agreed. I'm in. I'm so in." Veronica spoke up as she hugged Archie's side, a smile plastered on her face,

"Me, too." Betty smiled before cuddling up to Jughead.

"I third this." I joined making everyone smile widely at me, it felt nice to have joined their gang.

"Well y'all know I don't go anywhere without my girl so I am 100% in." Sweet Pea added making me blush as he kissed me on the cheek.

"Well, it sounds a little dull, but sure. Let's toast." Jughead spoke making us all laugh as we raised our milkshake glasses to the centre of the table.

"To the future." Archie said before we all clicked our glasses together slightly. Smiles plastered on all of our faces as we settled into a state of blissful peace.