SUFFICE

KATSUKI

⇛ three ⇚

three

"but i'll keep sitting here waiting for you

"but i'll keep sitting here waiting for you."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

two years ago

he watched [y/n] from across the class, a small prickle of hope in his chest that she'd soon come over to him. he'd wait until she did, almost never making the first move in their "friendship."

but, he knew she probably wouldn't come over. she was busy talking to shitty deku. why would she value that green haired nerd over katsuki bakugou?

he couldn't find the answer.

so, he sat there, not bothering to do anything about his longing to talk to her.

why did he even care so much? it's not as if he'd ever confess to her; he's only ever had crushes that never went anywhere strictly because of the fact that he refused to confess to them. instead he'd question himself until he'd lose feelings, and he figured that she'd just be another crossed line through his short list of love interests.

how sad was it that he'd suffice for friendship.

he's never been good at being honest, especially with his feelings, so he'd ponder back to that time when they were ten years old and she told him she loved him without fully knowing what that meant; wondering if he told her now, now that she knew what it meant, would she still feel the same?

then he started to question himself again, like he always did when it came to romance. he wouldn't be able to cope if he lost her as even a friend if she didn't reciprocate his feelings and felt awkward being around him.

he wished that he could be the type of person who doesn't care about whether the person they like likes them back or not; they'd tell that person and then move on if they didn't feel the same. he hoped that one day he'd love someone without being afraid of sharing his emotions.

but, for now, he'd sit pondering and overthinking everything while the girl he liked looked at him every so often and thought "is he okay? i'm worried for him."

for the time being, he'd just have to be content with what he had.