Chara is now Alive

Cross's pov

I escaped back to my AU. I know I'm gonna have to find a different place to hide. But all thoughts were stopped when I was hit with an unbearable pain in my chest. Like it had been stabbed a thousand times. I looked around, but no one was in sight, I then realized. No one in sight. Not even Chara.

Damn it!

I forgot about that little brat. We share a soul so we can't go to far from eachother or I'll feel a pain in my soul. It normally happens to me because I'm the actual physical form. The thing using the soul. I mean, we both use it but, whatever! It doesn't matter. Why didn't I remember that little tyke? That means I'll have to go back to get him!

I grumbled to myself, when I suddenly got an idea. I could get him his own soul, then we could be separated and I would never have to deal with that juvenile again. I smirked at the idea. And despite the aching pain in my chest, I teleported to another AU. You're soul can't hurt if you don't have one.

I teleported to one of the smaller AUs. I didn't want to cause to much attention yet. I teleported to what seemed to be the waterfall of gloomtale. Gloomtale, the Frisk would certainly be in the ruins. That's where they live, with Toriel. The barrier is broken, for some reason, Frisk just doesn't want to leave. I chuckled, seeing how easy this will be. I teleported to the ruins. Walking around a bit before coming across Toriel's home. It looked so peaceful, but sadly some murder was going to be done in that innocent house today. I laughed to myself. Seeing the plan fall together perfectly. Everything was going to be perfect.

I entered, looking around at the cute tidy house. What a shame someone's going to be assassinated tonight. Poor little ambassador. Did nothing wrong. I thought to myself as I crept to their room. I turned the door knob and went in. I looked down at the Frisk. Sleeping peacefully.

Something deep down in me told me this was wrong. But it was clearly the only way to go. I held my knife in one hand, and raised it high. Before I knew it, I had a human soul in my hands. I smirked and quickly teleported back to Nightmare's castle before anyone came in.

I was in the medical room I was in before. The pain in my chest instantly went away, signaling Chara was close. I walked around the maze of a castle and finally found him. I smirked. He turned around sensing me near. He took one look at me, and his face turned from calm to shocked. Before he could say anything, I shoved the soul toward him. He looked at it. Not knowing what to do.

"Is, is this for me?" He asked still shocked.

Just take it!

He stepped back a little, but took it. Instantly, with my soul, and him having his own, we were separated. I smiled in satisfaction. Finally, I don't have to worry about him anymore.

He looked at me. Finally realising my plan. "Wait. No! What did you- what did I-" He kept cutting himself off. It was funny seeing his reaction. I just laughed.

I thought you were smart Chara. But I guess, you really are just another one of those selfish humans.

He stood shocked, and enraged. He didn't like it when he was called human. For he hated him and himself. I just laughed once more before teleported away.

Chara's pov

So, I have a soul now, but Cross also has freedom of me. He can go wherever he wishes, without having to drag me along. I sighed in frustration. What did I just do?

I looked up, thinking of something. Now I have a form, I can go talk with Nightmare and his gang to sort out a plan to help Cross. I grinned as I navigated my way through the castle like maze, or maze like castle? It doesn't matter. I eventually got downstairs, surprisingly, and was meet with seven skeletons, all looking at me. Oh boy. I did not think this through.

"Who the hell are you?" Horror asked.
I turned to looked at him as he kept looking at me.
"Greetings. I'm Chara. The Chara in Cross's body." I stated.
The all looked so confused. All but Nightmare.
"I remember Cross saying something like that. A child stuck in his body." He said still eyeing me warily.
I nodded. "Yep. That's me." All the skeletons still looked at me, not believing me.
"Don't believe me? Ask me any question about Cross, and I'll answer it." I challenged.
As I said that, Nightmare sat up and looked me dead in the eyes and asked,
"How many people has he lost in his life?"
"Everyone. He lost his family, friends, and world."
"What's his favorite food?" Horror asked.
"It's a tie between tacos and chocolate." I answered. "He literally pinned you to the wall for stealing his chocolate one time." That was a fun time when that happened.
Error stood up and looked at me. "If you were stuck inside Cross's head, you should know, who does he secretly love!?"
I smirked. "That's easy. Nightma-"
"Not even we know who Cross likes so it doesn't matter!" Nightmare yelled interrupting me probably on purpose.
"Does that give you enough proof that I was stuck with Cross? Or do I need to start giving information about you guys that Cross knows?"
They all looked at eachother. It's like they were talking only with their eyes. I looked at each of them, waiting for a reply.

Sooner or later, they turned back to me. I looked back at them awaiting an answer.
"If you really are the Chara stuck inside Cross's body, then why are you here, and not with Cross?" They asked.
"Well, he gave me a soul, so now I'm here, and he's off probably back in our AU." I answered.
The others looked at eachother deciding what to do.

I looked down, scared of what they might say. They did eventually look back at me, and I looked up at them.

"So...

What's the plan?"