Chapter 4 Part 2: The Fall of the Castle of Lions

"Hey, you're not fully healed yet

"Hey, you're not fully healed yet..." the guy said, who I assumed was the Blue Paladin, as his suit was very similar to the Black and Green Paladins. 

"Let's get you back to the healing pod." the blue paladin said as he walked towards me, but I took a step back as my eyes widened. Terrified that they were going to do their test on me once I was fully healed. As my body reacted on its own, the guy stopped moving as he was giving me a questionable look. Before anything else could happen, the door opened again. I quickly turned my head only to see a Galra drone flying in.

"Hey, Rover." the blue paladin said quickly but ignored the drone as I felt his stare on me. However, I was more focused on the drone.

Why is this Galra Drone working for the Paladins? Did they change my programming on that drone? Then why is it going near the crystal and not toward the Paladin?

My eyes widened as I realized what it was going to do...

"Wait. Where's Pidge?" the blue paladin whispered loud enough to break my thoughts as I looked over at him. He slowly turned from me to the drone when saying that, but it was too late.

"Look out, you two!" I shouted with my scratchy throat as my body acted on its own, and I dashed towards the Blue paladin and Altean, ignoring the sharp pains I was getting from my body. 

No! I won't reach them on time!

BOOM!

After the explosion, Coran slowly got up as the gray barrier surrounding him faded

After the explosion, Coran slowly got up as the gray barrier surrounding him faded. As he sat up and coughed, the Voltron team showed up.

"What happened?" Shiro asked as Hunk was holding Coran up. 

"*Groans* I'm not sure." Coran said as his head was banged up pretty badly; they all looked up and gasped.

"The crystal!" Allura said, and as they walked up to the crystal, they all noticed someone on the ground. 

"Lance!" Allura said, but they all noticed a gray forcefield around him.

We ran up to Lance as Allura noticed him first. We all were shocked as we saw a gray forcefield surrounding him. As the dust finally disappeared, we saw the girl we saved earlier out of the healing pod, closer to the crystal, kneeling as one of her hands was out towards Lance. I noticed the star birthmarks glowing a stormy gray color while blue sparkles emanated from it.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!" Allura yelled, and as soon as she did, we all got into a fighting stance, ready to attack her. 

"T-The d-drone... I-Is he okay?" we all heard the girl ask, but barely as her throat was dry. Before we could answer her, she fainted, and her head was about to hit the floor. My body moved on its own, and I was able to catch her before her head made contact with the floor. 

"Guys!" Hunk yelled, and our focus was back on Lance as we noticed the gray barrier was fading out. Shiro quickly went to Lance and grabbed hold of him.

"Lance? Lance!" Shiro yelled while Lance groaned. My attention was back on Zarkon's daughter when I felt something wet. My eyes widened as there was a puddle of blood that we were in. 

She's bleeding! But how?! If she got out of the healing pod, wouldn't she be fully healed? 

I looked around and noticed that there was still glass around her stomach area and a few more shards in her leg. 

She's not fully healed... Wait, then how is it possible that she was able to get out of the pod without alerting anyone? What happened here? Was she the one to explode the crystal? If so, then why did she mention a drone? Rover was with Pidge the entire time... Is she lying? Is it possible that she saved Lance, but she's Zarkon's daughter... Why would she do that when we're her enemy? What the hell is going on? First, we must get her to the infirmary; she's losing too much blood. 

I felt like my brain was scrambled as so many questions filled my head. I shook those questions away as I checked her pulse and noticed it was faint. I was brought back when I heard Pidge talking.

"We have to get Lance to the infirmary!" Pidge said with lace of worry.

"He doesn't look good," Shiro said as he looked at Lance.

"The girl is losing a lot of blood as well..." I said as I felt something stirring inside of me deep down. I noticed that everyone was looking at the girl now as they all started to see the puddle of blood seeping out of the girl and surrounding her and me.

"Without the crystal, the castle has no power," Allura said as I looked at her. Her face was scrunched with worry as she was looking at Lance and not at Zarkon's daughter at all.

"Oh no! We need to get them both to the infirmary!" Hunk said as he was freaking out while holding Coran up.

"Why save..." Allura was about to finish her sentence when she got interrupted.

"Lion warriors, our Village is under attack! We need help!" the King of the Arusians pleaded with tears in his eyes. 

"Let's get to the lions!" I said as I was still holding the girl in my arms.

"You can't. They're sealed in their hangars. There's no way to get them out. We're defenseless." Allura said as she was down and felt weak. 

"Will you not help us?" The King freaked out

"We'll help you. We just..." I said, but then I got cut off as we all heard Lance groan. 

"This is bad."

"We have to get a new crystal to get the castle working again. But, to get a new crystal, we need a ship." Coran said as he seemed to regain his strength back slowly.

"The pod I was loading, we can use that! I left the bay door open." Pidge said as she realized it.

"I can use the scanner in the pod to see if there's a Balmera nearby. Hunk, you come with me. I'll need someone big to help me carry the crystal."

"A Balmera?"

"It's where the crystals come from. I'll tell you about it on the way!" Coran said that Hunk, Pidge, and he ran toward the pods. 

"I'll go see what's happening at the Arusian village. I brought this on the poor Arusians." Allura said.

"Keith, go with the Princess," Shiro said as he looked at me, I wanted to refuse to keep this girl from dying. 

"But... Shiro..."

"Keith, it's fine; I'll tend to Lance and the girl as well as watch over the Castle," Shiro said. I looked at the girl and back at them and sighed. I knew I had a task to do. I picked her up bridal style and put her next to Lance and Shiro. I then got up, and we left for the Arusian village. 

Please stay alive...