Chapter One ♥️Edited♥️

Beep. Beep, Beep... Ughhh this bloody alarm clock! I try to turn it off with my eyes still shut. Beep, Beep. Beep.. "Just five more minutes please", I silently prayed. Suddenly my door opens widely and its non other than my dearest sister.

"Jordan, does it always be like this when you have to get up? Do I have to drag you to the bathroom every day?"
"You could always leave me to sleep" I said enthusiastically, hoping she would just leave me but no, not Keera.

"I know how you hate school but c'mon Jo'. Only a few months left and then you'll wake up at anytime you want. I won't even be there to drag you to the bathroom" she said smiling, ruffling my dark brown, short hair.

I got up and headed straight for the bathroom with no argument whatsoever, took a quick shower. I didn't have much trouble finding an outfit, decided to go with some black skinny jeans, black tank top and my worn out red converse. Once I took a good look at myself in the mirror and was fully impressed with my looks, with my sleek bob hair cut I ran down stairs heading to the kitchen for an apple and headed out the door. I then headed to the garage. I had a hard time deciding on which to use, my BMX bike or skateboard... Bike it was.

I paddled my way to Winston high. Don't get me wrong, my family isn't poor or anything. I just do not like travelling in crowded buses and I enjoy the fresh breeze of the morning, especially when paddling past the park where dad and I used to go. We'd have picnics there. The memories always brought tears in my eyes reminding me of my parents. It's been 3 years since they were murdered but to me it's like it was just yesterday, Every night I got to sleep I'd see the pool of blood that was flooded on the dining hall.

Flashback

"C'mon Keera I'm tired I wana sleep" I said to my sister who kept bugging me with her non-stop questions.

"I'm bored and I won't stop bugging you 'till you agree to play truth or dare or hide and seek. So is it true that Kyle is your crush huh huh?" she kept asking wiggling her eyebrows. Ok I give up. I'm tired of her embarrassing questions and FYI I do not like Kyle. That boy annoys me.

"Ok, let's play hide and seek then" I said trying to find a nice quiet place where I could sleep peacefully. When she started counting I ran to my dad's walk-in closet. I knew for sure she wouldn't be able find me with all these shoe boxes crowding the closet. I hurriedly climbed inside the huge storage box, thanks to my tiny frame. My dad worked as a delivery man, he delivered tools from different factories to companies and my mom was working as a cashier in a flower shop. I settled comfortably in the box almost falling asleep when I heard a loud "Bang" that startled me. I silently climbed off the box and opened the closet thinking that this might be Keera's stupid pranks to get me out of my hiding spot. As I got out and peeked at the hall I saw my dad's pale face, with his hands on his head. He turn and looked at me in the eyes trying to send me a signal.. I looked at his mouth signaling me to hide and suddenly I was pulled back with a hand on my mouth to stop me from screaming and when I looked up I saw my sister's teary face. I looked at her confused and heard another loud band and a sob escaped my sister's mouth. We went silent without a movement in my parent's bathroom and heard rustling sounds in the room until we heard silence. Just mere silence.

We walked out trembling and I just froze....

I shook the thought off my head and entered Winston High. I was immediately engulfed with a bone crushing hug by no other than Evelyn. Let me introduce you guys to Evelyn. Evelyn is my best friend and she loves hugs, she gives 10 hugs to a person per day and knowing that I hated that kind of stuff she did it more to irritate me.

"Oh My God Jo', did you see Kyle's new car?? OMG this guy is like a God, He has the looks, money what more does need?". Mental eye roll, here we go again. Evelyn has an unhealthy obsession with Kyle and I really did not understand why 'cause Kyle is an arrogant, mean player who plays girls like nobody's business and yet for some reason girls still run after him. Uhgg that's disgusting. "And did u see his new iphone?? I mean this guy......" I tuned out Evelyn's ranting about the goodness of Kyle and headed to my locker to get my books and check today's schedule.