Man In Manners

REMI---------------->

Man In Manners

-Chapter One-

I walked swiftly down the hall way, the folders in my hands blowing slightly back from the fast pace i was currently walking. I walked with purpose, a strong purpose.

"Mr. Reminus? Sally called and wanted you to call her back right away sir." My Secretary's Secretary said walking behind me. I think i vaguely remember her name was Martha.

"Thank you Martha. Call her back for me and inform her that i will call her in the next few days if not than to call back." I replied turning into my office. The walls were made of glass letting me have a great view of the workers on my level, everyone was hurrying about.

Trying to get done as quick as they could considering Christmas was in a few weeks. They all knew the rules. If you aren't done the reports you were given, you must stay back and finish them or you don't leave.

I knew it was cold hearted and cruel but that was the way things worked, that was life.

"Mr. Reminus you have Mr. Holder on line three." Cathy my Secretary said through the intercom. Sighing i put down the files in my hands in a neat pile on my desk right in front of me.

"Thank you Cathy." I replied before taking the phone in my hand and answering the call.

"Hello Mr. Holder what may i do for you this time?" I asked exasperated, this man called once a day if not twice and always demanded something. Like i owed him, when in reality he owed me.

"Ahh! Reminus Scott! How are you young fella? What a fine after-" Mr. Holder began but i cut him off.

"Mr. Holder i do think we are past the small talk. What is that you need?" I grumbled, quite annoyed that he even bothered to start it off like that.

"I guess you are right. Well i would like you to plan the Black and Red party for next month. There is so much i am in need of doing and cannot plan such a simple thing when i have more important things to do." He said, trying to sound casual about it.

Irked at how little he thought of me i voiced just my thoughts.

"Do you think so little of me to plan a 'simple' party when i, myself have more 'important' things as you put it Mr. Holder? Why must you make it sound as if i do not have my own company to run?" I asked, my voice with a certain edge to it.

Immediately Mr. Holder realized his mistake. I could just imagine his brown eyes popping out and his chubby face going red with sweat on his brow. The thought almost, almost made me chuckle.

"N-no! Mr. Scott that is not what i meant to imply! The Black and Red party for my company is a very big project and i did not mean to make it sound as i did. Reminus, i just did not want to make it sound like a hard task is all. Please do forgive me?" He spluttered out in one breathe.

"Forgiven. Ill get my Secretary's Secretary Martha on it." I replied shortly and curtly before hanging up.

"Cathy, i have a job for Martha send her in please." I said tiredly into the intercom.

"Right away Mr. Reminus." Cathy chirped back.

I opened the files that awaited on my desk and skimmed through them. We were making progress i see.

"S-sir? Cathy said you needed me?" Martha squeaked from the door way. Not glancing up from the files i began to fill her in.

"Mr. Holder would like this company to hold the annual Black and Red party. I have chosen you to be the person to make this happen. I expect nothing but the best from you Martha, so do not disappoint me. You may have all the contacts and ill send a limited funding that should be more than enough to you by tomorrow. Thank you." I said signing the bottom of a few reports.

"Y-yes sir! T-thank you s-sir!" She squeaked before rushing out, her face bright red. That was when i really did chuckle.

"Cathy you can go home now." I said, noticing it was already six. Cathy had two little ones at home and a loving husband, i did not want to keep her from them for long.

"Thank you sir." Cathy said before standing from her desk, giving me a wave and scurrying off with her bag bulging from all of the files, messages, and notes she had.

She worked way to hard.

Maybe it was time for a raise. She more than deserves it.

Standing up i made my way out of the room with the files in my hand.

"Marcus? I need you to co-sign these. And please do read them before you send them out, or it will look bad when they ask for your opinion and you don't know how to answer." I said dropping the files onto Marcus's desk.

"Remi. You do realize what day it is?" Marcus asked, setting the files i just handed him aside. Rolling my eyes at his laziness i gave him a pointed look.

"You have to send those in by tomorrow Mark." I said with a sigh.

"Remi! By God man! Its your birthday today!" Mark exploded, jumping up from his desk chair. Startled at the sudden movement i backed up a bit.

"No it isn't." I replied, confused. I furrowed my eyebrows, and pursed my lips a bit. It was not my birthday...

"Bloody hell mate! Its April 18th!" Mark said, grinning at me. Eyes wide i grabbed onto the desk in shock.

I was now 26 today....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is my new story. :D