Kade growled, suddenly flipping me back down onto the bed once more. His mouth found my neck and I groaned out in pleasure. I clenched my teeth together, trying not to show him just how much I was enjoying his closeness.

"You're telling me you don't feel anything when I do this?" His voice was rough, showing me that I was most definitely not the only one feeling certain things at the moment.

He brought his lips to my neck and scraped his teeth against my soft skin, kissing along my jawline at an agonizingly slow speed. A pleasant heat was spreading along the skin that his mouth touched.

I was practically panting now, arching myself so that I could get even closer to his warmth.

"No, so if you could get off of me now..." I trailed off once more when another sigh of pleasure escaped my lips. I wanted him to do anything but get off of me, but I couldn't tell him that.

Kade laughed against my neck. "You don't need to fear what is between us, Emily." He pulled back to look into my eyes. He looked sincere, almost vulnerable as he gazed back at me.

"I-I just don't understand. Are we married? What does being mated even mean?" My mind was wandering, causing me to panic a little at the enormity of what being mates seemed to entail.

Kade brought his hand up to trail gently along my cheek. "It means life partners. My soul calls to yours. And yours calls to mine. Somehow, fate had this planned all along. I didn't want to overwhelm you before, but this is it for me. There is no second chance when it comes to mates once it is done. We were meant to be, one way or another. Someday I'll bring you back to my homeland, and show you exactly where the stories of the Fated began. But for now...." he made a sound that sounded a lot like a sexual growl.

"I intend to mark you as mine. It's not just you going through physical changes in finding your mate. Everything is heightened for me now. Including jealousy when other males are around you. Why do you think there has been no men down here with us besides training sessions?"

He was right. I hadn't noticed anyone but females down here besides his father since I turned into a non-human fireball. My mouth twitched into a small smirk.

"Oh poor little Prince Kadeon. Jealous? That's probably because I'm likely the first person who hasn't grovelled at your feet upon meeting you in your entire life." My tone was teasing, however I had the suspicion that I was correct in my assumption. 

He narrowed his blue eyes at me. "You would be correct that people do not refuse me. However, that doesn't mean I don't know what no means." His tone implied that he was talking about me. Probably with the fact that in their world, I was moving at snail speed with this mating thing. 

I shrugged at him. "I would hope so. Even kindergartners know what no means." 

Kade rolled his eyes at me, still on top of me as I stared up at him from the bed. "My point is, that until I mark you, and you mark me, we will both be miserable excuses for Naurian citizens. I do have business I need to take care of back on the surface, you know. I am the Prince." His eyes were filled with humour as he said the last part, challenging me and my stubbornness. 

"I get it. I'm not what you would have picked as a life partner, if given the chance." I rolled my eyes, but my heart thudded painfully as I finally revealed one of the many thoughts that had been plaguing me since finding out that Kade and I were supposed to be so much more than I had originally expected. I had found him to be the hottest male I had ever laid eyes on, but to suddenly find out that I was the only living woman for him capable to have children with... that was a lot to take in.