Epilogue

AUTHOR'S POV

Jaden and Calum have been married for fifty six years. Their love hasn't faded at all. If anything, it's gotten stronger. "I want to grow old with you." Calum whispered affectionately to Jaden one day.
*********************************
And that is what they did. On their 50th anniversary, the two of them went for a walk around Central Park and shared memories from their early days together. They held hands, just like they did when they first fell in love. The two old men laughed about the funny moments in their lives and longed to be young again.

Calum once told Jaden that he hoped to die first so that he wouldn't have to go through the pain of seeing Jaden die. But either way, somebody would hurt. That was just a part of life.

*********************************
JADEN'S POV
*********************************

I got out of bed at 3:15 am. I'd heard something in the kitchen. I slowly got out of bed and then realised that the other half of the bed wasn't warm. Calum wasn't next to me. I turned on the kitchen light and looked around. There were pieces of glass scattered on the floor...and Calum was lying in the middle of them. I collapsed onto my sore knees to see if he had a pulse. He felt cold. No. No...this can't be. But he was gone. Calum...was gone.

I guess he'd gotten up in the early morning to get a drink, where he'd probably had a heart attack...and that's when he fell over and stopped breathing. What if I had gotten in there earlier to help him? Would he have lived? I didn't even get to tell him I loved him one last time. I began to cry. Not just a couple of tears. No, I full on sobbed.

**********************************
Four days later was the funeral. I had somehow managed to fit in the same suit I'd worn on our wedding day. It was the least I could do. The funeral home agreed to dress Calum in his wedding suit, too. It was a silent reminder that I'd always love him. And hopefully- wherever he was now- he still loved me.

My parents had died years ago, so the people at the funeral were mainly old friends of Calum and I. When I got to the podium, I cleared my throat to make a speech I had prepared about Calum. "He-Calum was...my happiness." I began. There were a few sniffles in the audience. "He...made me happy." Okay, this was starting out rough. I understood what I was saying, because I'd lived it. But did they? "We saved each other. How so? We were both suicidal teenagers who fell in love. If it weren't for him, I would have killed myself ages ago. Same goes for him." I paused and took a deep breath. "Our love was so much deeper and so much different than people thought. We were each other's happiness. I know that one day I'll be with him again." I stepped down from the stage and knew I'd made him proud. One day, though...one day we'd meet again.

JadenCrouser this is it bae. ilysm.