Feud

Paul: God I'm exhausted. Did you know how difficult it was to lift that plane?

Dermot: Not to spoil your victory or anything but I did most of the heavy lifting

Paul: Showoff

The dark duo. How did we get here? Let's back it up a bit.

During that night, the two men were astonished by their discoveries. Of course Paul had a slight idea that Dermot was the wizard but was unsure about it. Not until his father's enemies started sending him threats of what they would do to his family did he use this turn of events to his own advantage. He had told his father of a little Irish hotel where he would be safe and his father couldn't agree more.

Dermot: So you were spying on me this whole time?

Paul: Hey don't put this on me. There were news of black clouds going around and I knew I was the only black cloud, but when I started seeing the way it moved on the television I knew that was not my way of doing things. I move in the shadows not broad daylight. Plus I can sense where you go to each time. You leave your trail everywhere.

Dermot: Oh. I didn't know that

Paul: Of course you wouldn't. That's what you get when you drink your powers from a cheap can of soup.

Dermot: And you think you're any better. You were touched by a crazy old woman.

Paul: Yeah? Well I'm stronger than you

Dermot: That's not what I saw today. You got hit by a truck and you passed out

Paul: I was just feeling the texture of the ground

Dermot: Yeah right. Like that's a thing.

The two men laughed

Dermot: You don't seem too bad. I have an idea

Paul: Hold up. I know what you're going to say

Dermot: And?

Paul: The answer is No

He stood up from the bed going over to the mini bar to get a drink

Dermot: Come on Paul. We work well with each other

Paul: Listen, you seem like a great guy and all but I work better alone. Besides I came here to see if you were the wizard and my theories match. So first thing tomorrow morning, I'm leaving for England. Do you want a drink?

Dermot: No thanks. Seriously Paul? People die everyday because of creatures like us

Paul: And they'll keep on dying even after we're gone. I mean, these creatures has been here since the beginning of time. It's not like we can do anything about it

Dermot: But we can. That's why we have these powers

Paul: You know what I'm thinking. I'm thinking that you should have read the manual of the soup before drinking. Because I'm pretty sure it came with brain damage as a side effect.

Dermot: Paul...

Paul: I'M NOT A HERO DERMOT. I'm just a guy who has dark powers. I'm not even a magician. Hell, I don't even know what I am. When I started noticing the strange things I could do, I was scared. I thought I was losing it and why shouldn't I think that way. Who the fuck moves in shadows, huh?

Dermot: But... you are not... alone Paul. We can do this together. We can help people

Paul: Help people? I can't do it Dermot. I just can't. I know the reason I help people. I'm around that vicinity by chance, someone is in danger and 'Bam' I save who I can save, but why are you here? Is it so you can sleep better at night? I can read minds in case you haven't noticed.

Dermot: Stay out of my head

Paul: Oh now you want to be left alone. Well no sir, I will not leave you alone. Who is Peach? Does he know that you were never found by the orphanage?

Dermot: Just stop it

Paul: Did you feel guilty when the witch who made the soup killed the owner of the shop? For heaven's sake, the man kept you warm for a night

Dermot: Stop already

Paul: You're a magician, how many people have you lied to and brainwashed so that they could live a life without fear only for you to see them as a vampires lunch, because you removed the one thing that makes them human. Fear. You try to help but you make things worse

Dermot: Yeah? Then what are you doing?

Paul: Minding my goddamn business. I suggest you do the same if you want to live longer.

Dermot: Well you have it all wrong.

Paul: How so?

Dermot: I... I used to help people because I wanted to sleep better at night. But as I got older, I saw how many men,children and women got killed by monsters everyday. I couldn't just stay away. I decided to help whenever I could. You can read minds, but something tells me you can't read emotions.

Paul: I'm sorry Dermot. I truly am. But the world doesn't see us as heroes. We will never be one of them. We are darkness itself. There is no difference between you and me. I am a demon and you are a Wizard. Both destined for destruction.

Dermot: Oh, there's a difference alright. I've chosen to help humanity, what about you?

He stared into Paul's face searching for a glimpse of hope but nothing changed

Paul: Well, I guess you're right about something

Dermot: And what's that?
Paul: That we're different. From history one thing has been certain. Demons don't help people. Magicians do. A demon can't be a hero but a magician can. Goodnight Dermot. I have to sleep because I've got a very busy day tomorrow.

Dermot: I hope you change your mind. If you do, I'll be in the lobby.

With those words he left the room heading down to his own quarters.