IV.

[Authors Note: An epilogue of sorts.]

"I didn't realize you noticed so many things about me." Ming said once he was alone with Kit. "I thought I was good at hiding."

"That's what I thought at first. I used to look at you and I could never tell what was going through your head. You were always smiling, always nice, always fun to be around. But after the thing with Beam...when you were sad, I realized you weren't always like that. That you had a lot more going on. I think that's when I started paying attention."

"Was it when you started falling in love with me?" Ming asked.

He looked like he was joking but Kit knew just how important the question was.  It still didn't stop him.

"No!" Kit refuted as vehemently as always.

"Really...?" Uncertainty creeping into Ming's voice and putting a frown between his brows.

"I was already halfway in love with you at that point." Kit explained. "I just didn't want to admit it. I thought if I just pretended it wasn't there it would go away." He couldn't look at Ming but he felt the other man close in on him and wrap him in his arms.

"And now?" Ming asked softly, directing his breath into Kit's ear and making the smaller man shiver.

"Do I need to say it?" Ki complained playfully.

"No." Ming answered easily. "But it would be nice to hear it."

"I love you more than just your face."

"Yeah...?"

"Yes."

They stood in each other's embrace for a while just enjoying the contact and the connection. Then Ming cleared his throat loudly eliciting a soft laugh from Kit.

"So...is there any other anatomy class I can help you with?" Clearly Ming was back to his mischievous self.

"Maybe..." Kit said matching his demeanour and getting a surprised look from his boyfriend.

"So what are you studying next?"

"The bones, muscles and tendons of the neck, shoulders and upper chest." Kit said deadpan.

"Awwww...and here I thought you were going to do something interesting like the sex organs." Ming said not breaking from his indestructible optimism.

"We already covered that."

"Then we can call this revision." Ming leered and this time there was nothing false about his intentions for his boyfriend.

"Stop using your facial nerve and start using...something else."

"I can't believe you just said that Kitkat..."

Kit didn't believe it either. Anatomy class was going to be so much fun for him.

THE END