Asylum- pt 1

Not a request, sorry everyone who I need to catch up on. I swear that I'm getting to them but I had this idea and I wanted to try it out. This will have several parts!

WARNING: mentions of mental disorders, depression, violence, self harm, anxiety and other problems will be mentioned in this one-shot. Please read with caution if sensitive to that.

The building stood tall before you. The cold, white walls that would usually give off a safe and light hearted feeling to those that passed by them only made a freezing shiver run down your spine.

First day on the job. Typical, right?

Being a world wide therapist had its perks. This was not one of them.

"Welcome mrs l/n."
The receptionist greeted. Her dull brown eyes that could compete with those of a doll staring almost straight past you, adding all the more to the bad feeling you got about the place you were in.

"Hello...!"
You smiled awkwardly, giving a tiny wave as you walked over to her where she was silently, and almost robotically, setting up your time table.

"Please head straight to your first patient. Boss is out right now but he'll come look for you once he comes back."
She explained softly, almost more like instructed.

After that warm welcome, you softly accepted the time table and patient files out of her bony, porcelain hands and began your adventure. Quite convinced that even the patients here would be warmer than the staff and building itself.

Walking through the various hallways you were surprised to feel a sudden warmth wash over you, even if it made your already rapidly beating heart beat faster. You heard patients laughing and happily chatting away with lively doctors. Nurses sending you warm smiles and waved as you passed them by the halls. You even saw a doctor give a small, blonde with double braids, girl a hug goodbye before she willingly walked back into her room. Shutting the door behind her.

"Hello."
The doctor smiled once turning to you, his deep purple eyes shining warmly in the light of the sun. Courtesy of the window that sat at the end of the hallway.
"You must be the new doctor. Your patients have been excited to meet you."

It took you a while to reply. After being struck in the heart by a surprisingly handsome doctor, his purple eyes, his white and black hair and the glasses that sat on his perfectly sharp nose.

"Ah! Yes, I'm y/n l/n. But please just call me y/n."
You smiled warmly, shaking his rather large hand with your smaller one.

"Tsuchigomori, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine."

Tsuchigomori has decided to give you a tiny tour of the asylum before walking you towards your first patient's room.

"His name is mitsuba, out of the times that I've personally worked with him it seems like he's a nice boy. He's just a narcissist and has got a huge ego."
He groaned as you giggled at his tone.

"So he's in here because he loves himself?"
You giggled, flipping through the pages that you had gotten towards said males file.
"Sounds like a pretty weak reason to put someone in an asylu-"

"Y/n."
Tsuchigomori called out sternly, the tone of his voice now completely serious as he placed a hand on the pages in front of you.
"Do not underestimate the people here. Some seem innocent and completely fine but I assure you they're dangerous. That boy was put in here for attempted suicide. He said he was far too pretty for this world so he tried jumping off a roof and into a pile of steel poles."

Breath hitched in your throat, a lump forming far too big that you even had trouble swallowing it. His purple orbs were dead serious and his tone was low, not wanting the patient on the other side to hear the conversation between the two of you.

"Be careful around these people. I can promise you that you'll regret it if you let your guard down."

You game a feeble nod, too scared to actually reply with words. So with that, he turned and walked away. Wishing you good luck with your patients as he turned down to the other corridors.

Once the male was out of sight, you released a breath you hadn't known you were holding in. The lump in your throat finally subsiding as you wiped off the sweat that began forming on your forehead with the back of your hand.

"You're okay y/n..."
You breathed out, closing your eyes before turning towards the patients door. Though, the steel material separating you from the boy stood tall and taunting.
"Youll be fine..."

The jingle of keys sounded out behind the steel door that contained the pink haired male, his matching pink eyes still stuck to the blinding white wall in front of him as you walked shyly into the room.

"Hello..."
You greeted shyly, tilting your body towards his line of sight to give a small wave. It was only now when you realised just how terrifying it felt to have pink eyes snap towards you.

Gulping down the saliva that accumulated in your mouth, you kneeled down in front of the male, his legs propped up with his arms resting on both knees.

"I'm y/n l/n, your new doctor. It's nice to meet you mitsuba."
You smiled, reaching out a hand in hopes of getting him to react.

However, it never came.

He continued staring you down, even if you were at a level where he had to look up at you.

"...okay."
You chuckled, bringing back your hand to continue hugging your clip board close to your chest.

"I've been told that you're a very quiet boy, you don't like talking to people whom are not at your level in beauty apparently. Is that true?"
You asked, eyes widening when he slowly nodded his head.

"So you won't talk to me?"

He shook his head no now, a bittersweet smile settling on your lips.

"Is that so?"
You chuckled, reaching out a hand to tuck a piece of hair behind your ear.
"Yeah, I was never that pretty."

Silence fell upon the room, the boy continuing to stare you down. But this time you swear his eyes were softer.

"You dont think I'm as pretty as you, do you?"
You frowned.

The boy sat still, his eyes surprisingly snapping away from yours before bashfully shaking his head. Your eyes widening.

"You think I'm pretty?"

Now he nodded.

A sweet smile spread across your lips as you leaned over and ran a caring hand through his hair, the boys hiding his face in his arms at the action as you let out a giggle.

"Well I'm glad that we'll get along. I need to go introduce myself to my other patients though so I'll take my leave now. Have a good day mitsuba."
You grinned, standing from your position to walk out the door.

And just as the door was closing, you could've sworn you heard a small.

"You too y/n."