Chapter 9

The past few days have been a blur. Connor was obviously outraged with my response to his message and had ordered Liam to launch an all out cyber war on us. He had been relentlessly attacking Luciano's servers and trying to hack into every security system. He wasn't only targeting the house, oh no, the little fucker was hitting everything the Italians own. From the clubs to the warehouses to Luciano's bank accounts. Luciano would have  lost a few million dollars if I had been a few minutes too slow. Liam was showing me what he was made of and I had to grudgingly admit, he was good. Not as good as me but he was definitely keeping me busy. It obviously didn't help that I wasn't familiar with Luciano's dealings and properties so the guys had to compile a folder detailing everything and goddamn was that folder thick. I knew Luciano was a prominent businessman but the man had legitimate companies and dealings all over the US and the world. I had to create an algorithm to figure out which was Connor and Liam's next possible
target. I had holed myself up in my room since Luciano and the boys were busy doing damage control in his office. I didn't want to be in the way and when I went deep into the dark net, I basically lost touch with reality. I barely joined the rest of them down for meals  since my sleeping schedule wasn't even a schedule anymore. I was surviving on copious amounts of caffeine and if it weren't for Magdalene making sure someone sent up food for me, I would have starved to death long ago. Emilia and Sofia were busy at work and I barely saw the boys since they too were so busy.

"That's it. I'm gonna throw that laptop away."

I jump at the sudden intrusion, looking at the direction of the voice. Emilia stands there, her arms crossed with a frown on her face. I rub my tired eyes and stifle a yawn. Glancing at the clock, my eyes widen in surprise at the time.

"Shit, it's already 9am."

"How long have you been at this?"

"Umm, I had dinner at 10 so 10.30 I guess."

She curses and walks into my room, carrying a tray of food with her. My stomach rumbles at the heavenly smell of bacon and she chuckles at me. Putting the tray down in front of me, she joins me for breakfast. I'm so hungry that I don't bother starting a conversation with her as I eat, practically inhaling my food. When we're done, she places the tray outside the room and comes back in.

"Go take a shower. We're gong out."

I groan, my mind already drifting back to work.

"Emilia, I've got tons of shit to do."

"You've holed yourself up in this cave for the past 3 days. You're going out now."

"But Liam is attacking-"

"I just spoke to Luciano. He said that the attacks have ceased ever since you ...cyber blasted them I think is the word he used."

I scoff at his term,"Cyber blasted? More like I opened a backdoor in his server and sent a freaking nuclear bomb that fried his system."

Her eyes widen at my statement. "Jesus, you don't play around do you?"

I scowl,"That idiot tried to fry my computer so I showed him how we pros do it."

She shakes her head in amusement, and shoves me towards the bathroom.

"Now, this pro is gonna show you how to relax."

I open my mouth to object but she shuts the bathroom door on me..again.

I sigh, stripping and getting into the shower. Once I'm all clean and fresh, I wrap myself in my towel and head out. Emilia's not in my room anymore but she's placed some clothes on my bed. I change into the skinny jeans, crop top and throw on the bomber jacket.