Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

I looked up in the elevator shaft. "What were you saying about climbing?" Stiles asked and his voice echos.

-

"Code red, I repeat, code red," Dustin repeats over and over on the walkie talkie as Dustin stands, Stiles and I sit on the roof of the elevator. It's been God knows how long - it felt like hours, but I could be exaggerating - and I want to get out of here. "Does anyone copy? This is code red, I repeat, a code red. Does anyone copy? We are innocent children and we are trapped under Starcourt Mall the red Army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us."

"Hey," Steve had popped up from the hatch and I looked over at him. "You gotta take it easy on that thing. Gonna drain the battery."

"The mall just opens," Dustin informs us.

"So?" Steve raises and eyebrow.

"So someone could be in range," Dustin states.

"What do you think, Petey the Mall Cop is gonna rappel down here and save the day?" Steve retorts. He gets up onto the roof.

"All right, why are you such a cranky pants after getting to spend some time with Robin?" Dustin whispered the last past.

"Shh!" Steve hisses. "Jesus Christ. Will you just give up on your creepy dream already?" I let out a laugh making Steve jump. "Oh, my God, I forgot you were here." I let out another giggle. "Get up, will you? The elevator roof dirty,"

"I heard you guys talking all night," Dustin smirks.

"Yeah, we were trying to figure out a way to open the door while you children were sleeping," Steve explains. I lean on Stiles some more.

I looked up at Stiles. "I miss your bed,"

"Me too," he mutters. We had sleep on the elevator roof the entire night. Well, I didn't really sleep. Everyone else was down in the elevator. I gave him a kiss on the corner of his mouth.

"After eight hours, we're still exactly nowhere, which is, you know probably just a little bit of the reason why I'm feeling just..." He walked over to the edge of the elevator. "A tad cranky,"

"What are you doing?" Dustin asks, complete disgust covering his face. My eyes widen. Goddamnit Steve, he's gonna take a piss down the side of the elevator.

Steve turns his head. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm taking a leak. Look away. Look away!"

I rolled my eyes and the three of us looking away, though I kind of just looked up at Stiles and he looked down at me. We connected lips for a short second.

"I love you," I murmur to him.

He kissed my head. "I love you more," I bite my lip, making him roll his eyes as he knew I was teasing him. I let out a small giggle. "I hate you."

"You love me," I tapped his nose before looking away from him.

"Can you redirect your stream, please?" Robin calls from under us. That's when I decided I'd go down into the elevator and spend some time with the girls.

I jumped up. "Hey, where are you going?" Stiles almost whines.

I looked down at him. "I'm going down," with that, I walked to the hatch and jumped down, noticing Robin at the buttons.

"Hey," Robin greets. "How'd you sleep?"

"Terrible," I replied. "I miss my bed."

Robin lets out a tiny laugh, nodding her head in agreement. That's when there was banging and we turned around, watching Erica for a split second who was banging the cylinder onto the table.