Another side of the story

Chapter 9 - Peter

Jack's been rather quiet all day. I think I know what is bothering him but I don't know how to bring it up. He seemed a bit miffed when I woke him up and I thought it was because I was getting closer to Izzy and he was jealous. I went to talk to him in his room but he wasn't there.

I noticed the state of his room and decided to tidy it up a bit. I thought that may cheer him up. There was empty cans and bottles everywhere. Looked like he'd partied alone in his room all night. Whilst I was tidying, I noticed it. Olivers wallet. So he'd been partying with him all night. Guess he didn't like the noise and mess in the house and just chilled in his room. No big deal. I put the wallet on his bedside table and left the room.

I went on to one of my lectures, still pretty hungover. Izzy wasn't in today. When I was leaving, Simon headed over to me. 'Hey mate, cool party last night!' Simons a pretty cool guy.

'No worries man, it was a bit wilder than I planned. Think I pissed Jack off though. He's been sad all  day.'

'Oh, that. Maybe he realised Oliver had a girl in his room all night. I'd be pissed off aswell if some geezer had been fucking in my bed all night.' Simon seemed to know something I didn't.

'What do you mean? How do you know that?'

'Oh, well I caught him sneeking out in the wee hours with his clothes all messed up. He'd definately got some.'

And thats how I discovered it. Oliver and Jack. And now I don't know how to bring it up.

-----

Chapter 9 - Jack

There was quite obviously something up with Peter. It was like he wanted to talk but didn't know what to say. 'What's up man? Izzy still playing hard to get?' I assumed it was Izzy related.

'Erm... well yes but thats not it. Oh er, Oliver must have left his wallet last night. I put it on your beside table.'

Fuck. He knows. 'Shit Peter, you know don't you?' Fuuuuuck.

'Hey, it's all cool with me mate. A course mate told me he caught him sneaking out and I put 1 and 2 together and seem to have got 3. Is that right?'

'Yeh. Oh man, what do I do Peter? He snuck out and I haven't heard from him since. It's freakin weird but I kissed someone the other night when I was wasted and it was heavenly. Turns out it was him and neither of us realised until last night. I think I'm falling for the guy. '

'Fuck. I thought you were all weird because you'd found out you were gay, not because you really liked the guy.'

'Yup. Gay and super in to hik. No girl has got me feeling this way before. I guess you don't know till you try.'

'What you going to do about it Jack?'

'Fucked if I know. I'm gonna leave it up to him. He was the one that snuck out so he must be more messed up than me. Either that or I was just a free lay for him. Shit, what if he just used me?'

'Happens to the best of us mate. I'll have a word with Izzy about the wallet an try and find out some details, they must be pretty close if we thought they were going out together.'

Peter rang Izzy up and told her about the wallet. His voice got all hushed up and he looked a bit funny when he hung up. 'Told her. Said she'd sort it.' 

'What else man, looked like she said something else to you.'

'Nothin, honest.'

A little while later, there was a knock at the door. It was Izzy. 'Hey guys, just getting the wallet. Ollie is a bit under the weather.' So I guess I was just a lay to him and now he didn't want to see me. Perfect...