Chapter 14 : Boar.. Demon?..

Start from the beginning

"Where did everyone go?"

There are only silence as your voice echoed through the darkness. It took you a while to realize that you're all alone at the moment, somehow got separated from the others.

Although you hate to admit it, you were nervous. How can you not? You're currently inside of a mansion full of demons without anyone you knew are close to you. With that being said, you're not in a great shape at all. Despite of loosing the bruises on your face, the sprained ankle and the pain on your stomach from being thrown away multiple times from your last mission just makes the situation worse.

"Ah! No time to downgrading yourself, (Y/N)!" Shaking your head rather fast, you took out your sword.

"I need to find everyone before getting out of here!"

---

It really felt like you've been walking for decades by the endless hallway. You tend to open each door you've encountered while finding your way out, but most of the rooms were either locked or empty with nothing or no one inside. You didn't give up though. Finding and making sure your companions are okay is your current priority.

'Urk.. The pain just got worse than before.. I should take a rest whether I like or not..'

Conveniently, you found a new room to explore. You then noticed the door of the room was already opened slightly, wide enough for someone to peek in. Even so, you didn't thought about it too much. Without thinking twice, you approached the room to take a rest before any demons get in your way to escape.

The door creaked loudly, you assume that it has been a while since the last time it worked properly without creating the piercing noise. You squinted your eyes to scan the room, hands in the hilt of your blade, preparing yourself if any demon was inside.

But, your body immediately froze as you saw a silhouette in the distance of the room.

Someone was standing there.

You couldn't see its face clearly because the figure was gazing at the walls, their back facing your way. But with just the soft light coming from outside, it is obvious that the figure standing there is a male.

Eventually, you sigh in relief as you realized it was just a fellow demon slayer, whom you assume is currently doing his mission in this mansion too.

Although, you can't help but feel something was a bit.. Off about this slayer. He wasn't wearing any proper uniforms, as it seemed like his clothes were torn apart, leaving only his pants beneath a beast's coat. Though, one thing that really stood out to you was his big, boar mask and two Nichirin swords he's currently holding.

All of a sudden, something like steam came from the male in the distance, which made you flinched. Even with all of these darkness surrounding the room, you could feel the slayer in front of you finally decided to turn around. Surprisingly, both of his swords were jagged up.

Two, big bulbous blue eyes can be seen attached to his mask.

"Who in their right mind dare to challenge me?"

Questions filled your mind for a moment, processing the male's words. His face is masked under the big boar head, which made the slayer's voice a bit unclear.

"..Excuse me?"

Silence took over until you can hear the mysterious slayer's odd laugh. The sound of his maniac laughter echoed throughout the whole corners of the room.