Chapter 40

This is indeed the final chapter of gravity. I really hope you enjoyed it. :)

=============================

It's four-twenty-five in the morning and I cannot force myself to go back to sleep.

I don't know why I'm so excited about Christmas.

Ashley isn't here.

Sigh.

It would be so much better if she was here.

Ashley makes everything better.

Oh My God!

Could you imagine a world without Ashley in it?

Horrific!

"Spence you up?" Glen asks, peeking his head into my room.

"Yeah, why are you?" I ask him as he comes and sits down on my bed. Glen's seventeen almost eighteen. He should not be this excited about Christmas where he can't sleep.

Granted neither should I, but that's besides the point.

"Couldn't sleep." He says and lays down beside me.

"Ew Glen, you stink." I tell him and push him off the bed.

"Yeah, I kinda got in late and didn't have time shower after my basketball game." He says.

"So you decide to come and lay on my nice clean sheets?"

"I'm gonna go shower." He says with a smile, thumbing a finger towards his room.

"You do that." I tell my brother, I can't help but smile at him.

It is now five-twenty-seven. I can tell that no one is up still but I seriously can't lay in this bed anymore.

I get up and freshen up then head downstairs. I make a pot of coffee and spread some cream cheese on a bagel and head into the living room to watch T.V.

Ooooo. A Christmas Story is on.

Yay!

This has to be my favorite holiday movie of all time.

Seriously...who doesn't love this movie?

The Grinch...the cartoon, not the one with Jim Carey would have to be my second favorite.

"Coffee's fresh." I tell Glen when I hear him come down the stairs ten minutes later.

"Thanks." He says and heads into the kitchen. "I got you something." He says when he comes intot the living room.

"What?" I ask, raising a brow and him cause I didn't get him anything.

Oops.

"It's nothing special. Just something I thought you may need." He tells me placing his cup of coffee on the table and reaching under the couch for a wrapped box.

Really?

That was there this whole time and I didn't even know.

He hands me the box and I waste no time ripping it open.

What?

I love presents.

I guess Glen found it pretty funny too, cause he's chuckling at me right now.

"Wow." I say once I get the contents of the box out. "Glen I..."

"It was no big deal. Don't turn into a girl on me." He says and laughs, picking up his coffee cup and taking a sip.