XX ; more dreams

* * *

            ELARA'S NIGHT TERRORS AND DREAMS HAD GOTTEN PROGRESSIVELY MORE TERRIFYING. her aunt had to inform the weasley's of their use of the muffliato charm so elara wouldn't wake anyone up with her screaming. still, it was rare for elara to actually sleep as she was afraid of what she saw in her dreams. 

             elara lay flat on her back, breathing hard as though she had been running. she had awoken from a vivid dream with her wild dark hair sticking to her face. it had fallen out of its topknot.

            she sat up and began fumbling with her hair. ginny and hermione were still asleep. when elara successfully tied it up out of her face, she quietly exited the bedroom and padded down the stairs to try and find her stash of chocolate.

            when she arrived at the hiding spot, however, she realized she'd sent it all to harry because his aunt was forcing him to follow a diet because his cousin, in a word, had gotten fat. she even used her favorite chocolate, the good stuff uncle ted bought from france, to bake harry's birthday cake.

            she grumbled to herself about how coming to care for harry (perhaps too much, but elara would never allow herself to admit it out loud) cost her her entire stock of sweets. so instead elara picked up the new dream journal hermione bought elara for her birthday as the one she had gotten for christmas was full, and began to write about her dream.

            elara wrote for an incredibly long time. the sun had come up over the horizon and light began to pour into the weasley household. fred and george stumbled down the stairs looking quite disheveled.

            elara assumed they'd been up almost all night working on products for their company because fred's hair looked a bit singed.

            the rest of the weasley clan, along with hermione and aurora brightwind -- the twins' partner in crime and george's girlfriend -- came down the stairs looking as tired as ever. when elara caught sight of aurora's neck, she realized working on joke products wasn't the only thing george had been doing last night.

            elara took her place at the table between aurora and hermione.

            "you might want to put something on your neck, rory," elara whispered to aurora.

            aurora reddened and moved some of her hair over her neck. she made a jerking movement which elara assumed was to hit george, who presumably choked on his drink. elara snickered and began eating her hashbrowns.