»19

"Okay class, you can just get on with your work- I'll put some music on

"Okay class, you can just get on with your work- I'll put some music on." The teacher said after calling everyone's name for attendance.

Everyone began moving around, grabbing what they needed, some getting paintbrushes- others pencils.

Jieun's eyes immediately fell to Renjun who sat alone at the back of the class, hunched over the desk as his pencil glided across the page.
The girl smiled to a few people along the way before she came to a stop at Renjun's table, sliding in next to him.

His eyes flickered up for a split second but he looked back down without a reaction.
"Hi." She said with a grin, leaning over to see his work, to which he sighed forcefully and sat up straighter.

"What?" He asked irritated, reaching to grab a different depth of pencil.
"Nothing...I had no one to sit with so-"
"You have friends in this class go to them."
"I don't know...I think they find me weird."
"Don't blame them." He muttered and the girl sent him a glare.

She watched silently as he drew, entranced by his sketch and then she looked down at her work.
"Are you Chinese?" She said, squinting her eyes at him and leaning in ever so slightly.

Renjun nodded curtly and Jieun gasped, pushing her sketchbook into his arms. He ran a tongue along his teeth in irritation but grabbed the book anyway.
"I've been drawing some traditional Chinese patterns...but they don't look that good." She said with a sigh.

Renjun glanced down at the work and shrugged, passing it over to her.
"Add more red and repeat the pattern."
Jieun's hummed in realisation and happily took it back from him and stood up to grab some paint.

Renjun's eyes, unknown to her, followed her as she swayed her head to the music, lips mouthing the word. He was interrupted by a girl accidentally knocking into his chair.

Renjun's eyes darted to the girl who stood with fear in her wide eyes. He looked at her with dark demeanor and waited impatiently for her to say something as she wouldn't move.

"I-i-"
"Speak faster, I don't have all day." He spat out. The girl's eyes averted from his intense stare yet she didn't move.
He clicked his tongue in aggravation and scraped his chair back, standing up.

An arm fell across his abdomen, stopping him from moving towards the girl. His eyes fell to Jieun who stood next to him, laughing nervously and gently pushing the girl away.
Jieun turned around and looked up at Renjun with a disapproving face.

"She didn't mean to, you should be nicer-"
"Don't tell me what to do." He snapped back, huffing and sitting back in his chair- eyes focused on the dark picture.

"Why are you so rude?" She said, walking over and standing next to him, palms on the desk. Renjun didn't reply, he only tightened his grip on his pencil.

"I don't understand why you keep pestering me, just go to your friends Jieun."

"What if I want to be friends with you?"