Chapter 23

Peter's P-O-V

When Lily and I got dressed, I told her to stay in the room while I make sure everything was safe. She has been saying things in her sleep and still suffering from her injuries from the battle. My only focus was her and her safety, so I went to find my best friend. I found Felix in a large room that was being used as a dining hall. He looked at me and smiled, which was rare. Sitting across from him, he started the conversation first.

"Pan, it's been days since I've seen you."

My insides got all warm thinking about those days but I stuck to the topic at hand,

"Yeah, Lily's injuries are almost completely healed. She wants to go out there and see if...see what's happened to the island. Lily said that she felt as though the island was wounded the other night." 

Felix nodded and his face turned serious, the smile no longer on his face,

"Queen Clarion let some scouts out one night and half the island has been burned. All the dragons from the court has left for now but we aren't taking any chances. She had them collect all the supplies they could and once they returned, they sealed the entrance again."

"Where's Jagger and Lily's parents?"

A smile played at his face once more,

"Oh, they.....they're working things out. I mean, it wasn't easy for her parents to except Jagger being here. He tries to avoid them at all times even though they've buried the hatchet. Jagger should be coming here any moment. He and I chat ever so often. He's pretty cool...but his thirst isn't easy to handle. He hasn't had any blood in over a week now and he refuses to leave until he is sure that Lily is safe. That's one of the reasons he avoids Lily's parents, he thinks they'll force him to leave."

 I grew concerned with the news and looked at Felix,

"Do you know what he'll do if he doesn't feed soon? I don't want a masacare here.... I don't want any threats for Lily or anyone esle...."

 A sudden voice replied,

"I know Peter, I don't want to harm anyone either"

Jagger was standing right behind me, I didn't feel his presence until he spoke.

"Way to sneak up on a guy Jagger."

I smiled at him but it wasn't sincere.  Jagger sighed,

"How is she holding up? I know that she was seriously injured...and that you two mated....I can sense it...."

I rubbed the back of my neck,

"She's healing very well...but she's been having strange dreams. I think her powers are just comeing out. I'm just worried that she'll have any side effects to that counsel blasting her with their powers. I would let you see her but, I just don't think you're too stable. Even now I can see you look physically drained." 

Jagger smiled dangerously,

"I made a promise to her as well Pan. I'm her to see that she will be alright without me. I only listen to her commands...not some boy she just met."

I looked at him with a malicious gleam in my eyes,

"She's been doing great without you for years. Lily doesn't need her lovesick ex-fiancee to worry about her. She doesn't need you."

Jagger's expression grew even darker and made me feel a bit frightened deep inside.

"Just remember Pan, I am her first love. If it hadn't been for her relationship with me, she never would've came here. Don't you ever try to threaten me with Lily again...her and I were best friends before we dated and got engaged. Who's opinion do you think she'll listen to? The guy who she's known for years or the guy she just met?"