As I entered the kitchen, my phone dinged. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw a text message from Ricky. I opened it and a small smile crept its way onto my face.

Hey, sorry we haven't talked much lately. I didn't mean to make you think I was avoiding you, stuff at home has still been a bit hectic since my mom left. Was hoping to see you at Homecoming to apologise in person tho :((

Sorry. Decided to have a girls night in with Paige. You don't have to apologise, it's okay :)) How's Homecoming going?

A reply came back almost instantly.

Horrible. I kinda said some stuff to Gina that I didn't mean though, and I don't know what to do.

Maybe try apologising? That's usually a good place to start lol

"Yo, Sammy, what are you doing? Penn Badgley is on the screen! You're missing his sexy face." Paige asked, entering the kitchen.

"Huh? Oh, sorry." I turned around to face her and locked my phone.

She smirked. "Who are you texting?"

"What? No one." I lied, trying to hide the smile on my face.

"Ah, I see Ricky has found a way to interrupt girls night."

"I'm not-why would you? I mean-what?" I stuttered. Paige walked over to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I asked as we walked upstairs to my room.

"We're going to Homecoming." She stated.

"What happened to ditching?"

"Change of plans. Now, shush and let's get ready."

I guess we're going to Homecoming after all.

✰✰✰

Paige and I arrived at the school and made our way up the front steps and through the doors.

"Is it too late to go home?" I asked nervously.

I don't know why I'm nervous, but I am.

"Yes."

"Do I look okay?"

"You look beautiful Sammy. As always."

I smiled, looking down at my purple, spaghetti strap dress. It sat just above my knees and I matched it with my purple high-tops.

I don't do high heels. Ever.

My hair was done in a half-up/half-down style, curled into little ringlets at the ends and only put a bit of makeup on, that simply complimented my features. Paige on the other hand, looked even more stunning than I did.

Her fiery red hair was in a braid crown, with loose bits hanging at the sides; she wore a black strapless dress that also sat just above her knees and had on black heels to match. She had done her makeup so exquisitely and flawlessly, that I wouldn't have even recognised her as my best friend if I wasn't used to seeing her with makeup on.