Mizzee Bee

A blurred motion with frantic buzzing in the sweet clover demands Rhyonna’s attention. “Hello, Mizzee Bee.”

“BUZZZZZZZ, BUZZZZZ, busy, busy, busy.”

The bee is the most disciplined flyer Rhyonna knows: Mizzee attends to exactly what Mizzee wants, which is nectar and pollen.

“How is the nectar?”

“BUZZZZ, Grreeeaaat, grrreeeaateesssttt!”

The wings of Mizzee beat so fast they look still. Wind is not important to Mizzee, just flight from flower to flower. Often Rhyonna sees Mizzee in the rain, flying and gathering pollen.

“And the clover pollen?”

“Theeee, BEESSST, beeesssttt!”

When Mizzee stops flying to gather pollen, she is just as diligent with her feet, busily walking, reaching, and collecting.

“The bessst, the absolute bbbeeeessssttt.”

With a twist and jump, Mizzee rushes off to the next flower. She flies with superb balance, even with pollen stuck to her legs. Mizzee flies in front of Rhyonna.

“BUZZZZ, BUZZZZ, BUZZZ! Like my song?”

Rhyonna never considered that Mizzee sang.

“Yes, your song is inspiring.”

Mizzee flies to the next flower, busily singing, balancing, and gathering. Rhyonna herself has superb balance: before the Tawnyee Flyers start their flying today, they will do balancing exercises inspired by Mizzee Bee.

“Mizzee, have you seen Keegan in the daisies?”

“Izzzzz with Prinzzzze near lake.”

Mizzee flits to the next clover flower. Rhyonna could never be that busy: a bee never enjoys flying, only the gathering.

Rhyonna's Fright is on Smashwords.com, release date is 11/20/14, 1/2 off coupon #HY36M,  https://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=Rhyonna%27s+Fright