Chapter 20: Thinking About The Future

The next morning, I felt someone lifting me. I looked up to see Ricardo.

"Morning, beautiful."

"I tried waiting up for you, but fell asleep on the couch." I replied in a sleepy voice.

"Well now you're in bed and I am going to take a shower and then sleep all day." He said before giving me a kiss on my forehead and then went to take a shower. I smiled.

A few minutes later, he returned and fell asleep immediately. I pecked his lips and went to make breakfast.

As I was about to make some coffee, there was a knock on the door. I made my way there and opened it.

"You two look like shit." I chuckled while seeing Luke and Eric really sleepy.

"Our places are like 20 minutes from here, I'm too tired to drive. Can we crash, I don't care if it's on the floor." Luke said as he yawned.

"Sofa turns into a bed, go sleep there." With that said I went to the kitchen and had breakfast.

Once I was done with my breakfast, there was another knock on the door. I went to open it and it was Sapphi and Maggie. They looked like shit too.

"Do I want to know?"

"We've been partying all night with Rosalinda at club 15. We drank like there was no tomorrow with her, she didn't say anything, but we need sleep and your place is closer." Maggie said as Sapphi yawned.

I grabbed the mattress that we have in our bedroom just in case, you never know. I took it to the living room and gave them some blankets they both snuggled up and fell asleep.

It was December and it was extremely cold. I chuckled at these four.

I returned to my bedroom and saw Ricardo checking his phone, "thought you were sleeping?"

"I was, but all the noise in the living room woke me up."

"Sorry, the guys got tired and crashed here." I chuckled, "I think it's more of an excuse just so they can spend time with me and to fully forgive them."

"True, those two arrived at the mechanic in a limo. And Eric lives just 5 minutes away from here. And I also saw Sapphi and Maggie arriving here in a limo." He informed me.

We looked at each other and laughed. Truth is, I have already forgiving them. Sometimes friends hurt each other, but friendship do go through rough patches. Sometimes, not always. It didn't seem worth it throwing away many years of friendship. We will get through this.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him.

"Starving, I'll go make something fast without waking those four." He replied.

"It's already done, I'll go get it."

I went to the kitchen. And grabbed his breakfast, I glanced at the guys, and they all switch places. As long as they don't have sex, I don't care.

"Breakfast in bed, you're spoiling me, Miss Black." He said which caused me to laugh.

"Well, you deserve it. If it wasn't for you, I would be lost and alone. And probably still living with my parents and their money." I answered him as he grabbed coffee and took a sip.

"You've grown a lot since we met. You're not that little preppy girl who would whine about working." He mentioned as I chuckled.

"My parents told me I can have access to my trust fund when I turn 21. And they also gave me as a gift, the bakery, we're going to expand it and make it a second Black Bakery. With prices for lower class. What do you think?"

"I think it sounds amazing. Princesa. Does that mean you're going back to college?"

"Yep, we start classes next year and you can focus only on that. College is a bitch and it will drain you. So, I have an offer till you graduate and you can open your own pet clinic." I said as he ate his sandwich.

"I'm listening." He said in between bites.

"Work with me, at the bakery. We can have Trisha in charge while we're in classes. We can work on our homework, projects and all of that, in the bakery and keep an eye on everything."

"So, we would be like the bosses? Are you sure you didn't mean, work for you?"

"I don't want you to work for me, I want you to work with me. Carlos can work with my dad. Your mom is already working with mine. And you with me, you and your family can have a better life. We can change to a bigger apartment. I know it sounds like we're rushing things, but I love you and I care about you and your family."

"I guess we have a deal. Thank you for thinking about me and my family. We have been blessed with you and your family. We can afford my Nana's medicine which are extremely expensive. So, put it there, partner."

I smiled as we shook hands.

"I love you so much, and if it weren't for those 4 idiots outside, I would show you how much I do." He whispered in my ear I laughed at that

"I love you too." I pulled him into a kiss.

He ended up showing me how much he loves me in the shower. I love this man so much and who knows, maybe in the future we will get married one can hope. But for now, I'm happy how things are between us.