Chapter 45

Smut warning!!! You can skip if it makes you uncomfortable :) once it starts it stops at the next three dots
<3

Chapter 45-
• • •

•Ashton's POV•
~flashback~

As I walked from the car to the door, I held a bag of food in my left arm and grasped my keys in my right hand. Kevin wanted to finish listening to the song in the car, cuz you know- he's fucking five years old and all.

I rolled my eyes as I heard the faint hollers of him screaming out the song in the car. How did I befriend this buffoon??

I know that I hadn't made myself to look all that thrilled for Crystal to be coming tonight, but I honestly (and if you tell anyone this I will gut you) was excited about it.

I for some reason really liked Crystal. Something about her was just so.. so perfect for me. I'd never say it out loud, but I'd never met anyone who made me feel like she did. It kinda freaked me out.

It was all just so foreign and strange feeling, so I did what I do best and closed myself off. I didn't even know what I had been scared of all that time, but I finally felt it changing.

I needed to do something- make some sort of move. I felt like she liked me back, too, and I couldn't let her pass me by, you know? Life's too short and I needed her too much.

I put my thoughts aside for the time being as I pushed the door open and stepped inside, closing it behind me.

For right now, all I needed to think about was how I could smoothly sit next to her after dropping the food down on the tabl-

My thoughts were cut off and I nearly felt the wind being knocked out of me.

The sight in front of me punched me in the gut insanely hard, and honestly my heart hurt like a mother fucker.

Eli, my fuckin best friend, and Crystal were.. kissing?? Hell I didn't know they even liked each other.

All momentary rage for Eli I felt slipped away as I began to feel a certain self disappointment. I wasn't surprised.. this was what happened when I let myself become vulnerable in any way or let people have control over my emotions.

I saw them pull apart, and I cleared my throat before they could start back up again. My chest felt heavy in a way it hadn't it such a long time. It fuckin sucked. I couldn't tell if I was more sad or angry, but all I knew was that my heart felt like it was sinking in on itself.

"Well it looks like you two haven't missed us while we were gone.." I tried not to look affected, but I couldn't hide the shock as well as I usually can. This was honestly just really unexpected, which was probably why I was currently being such a pussy about it.

I didn't even bother looking into Crystal's eyes as the awkward silence pinched the room. They look like they had been caught by a parent- Crystal more so than Eli. Great- I'm a cockblocker to her now. Perfect. This is so great.

Kevin then came bursting in, asking what he missed and making a joke of the awkward tension. I didn't even feel like staying anymore.