Accidentally Out

Author's Note: F I C T I O N

What If? Some untoward incident happens that the universe made its way to reveal something long been kept on national television? How will it happen?

EB — Monday

Pauline: "Hello, Dabarkads! It's Monday! Eat Bulaga Na!!!"

(the EB opening is playing)

Paolo: "Hello mga Dabarkads! Magandang tanghali! It's Monday morning! Yoh!"

Maine: "Hello Dabarkads! Monday na naman! Binabati ko lahat ng mga nasa bahay na nanonood at dito sa studio! Magandang Tanghali po!"

Ryzza: "Ate Pia, Ate Maine, Kuya Pao—makikilala na natin ang contestants ng Hype Kang Bata ka!"

Pia: "Yes, Ryz! Let's go! Kilatisin na natin ang mga talentadong batang ito!"

As the hosts went down to the area where the kids of Hype Kang Bata ka were positioned—Direk Pat tap Maine's shoulder and guide her on the side of the stage. This was caught on camera but that was just a subtle moment that anyone would not notice but the truth is that—that is the start of the calm before the storm.

Direk Pat: "Maine, emergency call."

Maine: "Ano daw?"

Direk Pat: "RJ?"

Maine: "What happened?"

Direk Pat: "Taposin mo nalang muna tong segment na to."

Maine: "Seryoso?"

Direk Pat: "Nothing serious. Taposin mo lang muna. Ako na bahala."

Maine: "Okay. okay."

Maine went to join Dabarkads Paolo, Pia, and Ryzza to introduce the kids. Maine this time is agitated and the studio audience feels this. A collective whisper can be heard in the crowd.

"Hala anong nangyari? Tignan mo si Maine, parang di mapakali."

"Ano titignan niya don sa side?"

"Something's wrong, kinakabahan ako. Parang may off kay Meng after nong may sinabi si Direk Pat."

"Bakit ganon?"

Until on the side of the stage, Mama Ten appears. Maine abandons her post and it was caught on camera and the audience in the studio was able to record it too, which later on will be shown and shared on social media.

Maine: "What happened?"

Mama Ten: "Si RJ, Meng."

Maine: "What? Ma, kinakabahan ako, Bakit?"

MT: "Nasa hospital."

Maine: "Ma, tell me it's not serious, please?"

MT: "..."

Maine: "Oh My God, Mama Ten, let's go!"

From the nearer audience, some were able to hear the conversation. Though the camera was already focusing on the EB Dabarkads who was hosting, Direk Pat nods to Maine when she lands her stair to her before she went out to the backstage with Mama Ten.

MT: "Nak, relax lang, huwag kang umiyak."

Maine: "Mama naman eh, anong ginawa? Bakit? Hindi mo ba siya kasama?"

MT: "Nag motor, Maine."

Maine: "Ay pootaaah! Sabi ko wag mag motor eh!"

Miss Jenny: "What happened, Maine?"