Fight of the Mynira Ch. 12

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

IMPLINESS!!!!! Puh-lease! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MY FEET HURT! Can we stop for a bit?" I whined. "Nope. You'll just have to deal." Mysti answered. I randomly decided to start calling him Little Boy Blue. Ahh.... nah. That's too long. LBB. There. I would now call him that until I forgot. Oh... wait. Back on topic. Dumb ADHD. I heard Casey groan, and I glared at him, wondering when this torture would end. We walked on for another few minutes, silent but for the crunching of rocks under our feet. Dojin was leading the way, looking happier than I'd ever seen him so far. But, that hadn't been very long had it? I decided that I would resume bothering LBB in a few minutes. A lot. Until he let us rest. True, we'd only been traveling for about fifteen minutes. I'm lazy. I have no shame in that. Of course, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, or really anything else other than my musing, so I ended up running into Spark when he stopped short in front of me. When I'd regained my balance, I peeked around him. In front of us was a super huge pile of rock, which Dojin was now climbing. He made it look really easy, too. Now LBB, on the other hand... I suddenly had a strange urge to use my super awsome rock climbing skills I had picked up when my dad used to take Casey and I rock climbing. I smirked and started climbing. I was a lot faster than Mysti, but not as good as Dojin. He, having about two minutes head start, was already at the top. Mysti, on the other hand, wasn't even halfway up. I passed Mysti within thirty seconds, and was halfway up in about two minutes.

When I finally reached the top, I sat next to Dojin. The view was amazing. There were beautiful snow-capped mountains in the distance, and close to us, too. I could see a waterfall a little ways off, and there was a small river twisting around the valleys. At the end of the river, I could see a lake, not very big, but big enough to be called al lake, and at it's center there was a little island. The skies were clear, and were a lovely shade of light blue.

Suddenly, I saw a little movement, and I turned to see Casey, who had just pulled herself up next to me. Instead of wonder, her face held dismay. "We have to walk all that?" She asked. I laughed, and so did Dojin. Just as soon as he'd started, he froze. I turned and looked up into his face, questioning in my eyes. His eyes seemed distant, and he kept swiveling his head tiny bits, like he was listening to something. I tried to listen, too, but couldn't hear anything. "Someone's coming." He said urgently. Casey and I froze this time. He quickly stood up and started scrambling down the mountain of rocks. We followed, a lot less gracefully. Mysti had just reached the halfway point, and sighed when he saw us coming down. We reached the bottom before he did, too. We all searched frantically for a place to hide, Mysti and Dojin finally finding a kind of cut in the wall that widened inside, which was big enough to fit all six of us comfortably.

We were so quiet, you could've heard a pin drop. I listened intently, straining to hear anything that would show that someone was there. A strange mist started to rise around us, bettering our cover, but restricting our view. I wondered at this, but this isn't our world, so this could be normal here. Who am I to question mysteriously convenient mist that just came out of  nowhere? You are Melanie, sister of Cassandra and Spakiri, daughter of Henry and Melissa. Holey Crap. There was a voice in my head. Just now, I swear to God, a freaking voice in my head. And it spoke to me. Well, duh, but it accually was right. Well, somewhat. My parents' names' were Lily and John. And I had a sister named Katelyn and a brother named Tyson. Oh well, the random voice in my head must be wrong. But then, if I am hearing voices in my head, who cares if the information in my head is right or wrong? You are not crazy, dear. And neither am I wrong. I am never wrong. You will remember in time. Ahh. It's back. I think I'll call it Kelly... I shook my head and pushed everything into the back of my mind. Everyone was staring at me a little strangely, so I grinned. This time, they all shook their heads, which made my smile widen.

After a few more minutes stuffed in the corner, we all figured that we should send someone out to make sure the coast was clear. Spark volunteered to go first, then call us if it was safe. About a minute later, we all heard him. "Guys, come on! It's sfae! And you'll never guess who's here!" he exclaimed. I started to move, but Mysti put his arm out to block the exit. "Wait here until we come get you. If it is someone we know, depending on who it is, meeting you three might not end well." Mysti warned. I glanced uncertainly at Casey and Sarah, then took a step back. The two boys glanced at each other, then stepped out.

I leaned back against the wall. Casey caught my eye and winked. 'He's so hot!' she mouthed. I rolled my eyes and we both turned to Sarah. She had kind of a dreamy look in her eyes. I waved my and in front of her face to try to get her attention. She blinked and jerked back a little. 'What?' She mouthed. 'What were you thinking about?' I asked curiously. Sarah rarely spaced out, so I wanted to know what she was thinking about. She blushed a little and glanced downwards. 'Dojin.' she finally replied. I grinned hugely. I think he liked her, too. They both looked at me, and I was about to say the obvious answer, but Mysti suddenly stuck his head back in, grinning. "Come on. She wants to meet you."