Chapter 3

(Remastered version)(COMMENT)

Chapter 3

(Robins P.O.V)

The library was so perfect, so quiet... I was totally distracted, my thoughts were on Sean, his sea colored eyes drifting through my mind. With a quiet groan I squished my eyes closed tight. I tried to rid images of his tall figure, soft blonde hair, and gentle smile from my thoughts. 

He was too distracting, and I didn't want any relationships, especially with the new kid in school. I couldn't have a relationship at all, or he'd be in my father's way of me... Making him a prime subject for my father to demolish.

Holding my books close to my chest, and heaving a sigh, I twitched my head letting my hair fall in a thick curtain around my cheeks. With my breath hot in my small enclosure I picked up speed and rushed quickly into the highschool library. 

It was silent, thankfully... I held up my pass for the ladies to see, they didn't even look up. Me coming here for class was a natural accuracy for them. I looked around. The tall double sided shelves loomed tall overhead, the ceiling was vaulted and shadow cast. This was the oldest part of the building and the tallest.

Taking a seat at the far back table I opened my Science book and flicked to page 357. Mr. Forest had explained that we were to read till page 382. Skimming the pages hastily I picked up sentences about halogens and their elemental properties... 'Boring'

Hearing a bring, I snatched up my book, and jotted down some notes. About five minutes later a warm hand clasped over my shoulder. Instinctively I whipped around thinking fruitfully of my father and slapped the hand off of me.

"What was that for?!"

The startled cry emanated from my left, lifting my eyes up slightly and slowly I felt eyes glaring brutal red holes in my soul. Above me stood Kevin... I held in my sigh, he wasn’t as bad as some others that could have been much worse.

He was holding his wrist and rubbing it tenderly. Not saying a word I grabbed my utensils and began moving away from him. He looked hurt, but why should I care, he was a Jock, a player. I had nothing to do with them, just like all the others.

With a glance I turned and scuttled out, the halls were bustling with action, I hated getting stuck in busy halls. I usually got out early before the crowds arrived. 

Wrapping my arms around myself I slowly made my way back towards my locker. In a quick movement I had my black hood up and was slipping through the throng of teenagers. Moving head on with the crowd blundering around me. 

Pattering down my small breakfast I pushed my way across the hall and stood before my locker. Reaching out I twisted the dial right 14, left 30, then right 02. With a final click I swung it wide open. 

"Ow!"

Startled I skittered around. The new boy stood holding him nose cupped in his right hand. Again I gulped down my acid liquids and gazed silently up at him. This time I skimmed my red eyes over him quickly before shoving my work in my locker and grabbing a gym bag.

His hand caught my wrist and I tensed, stilly instantly. In slow-motion I twisted around to look at him. Fright raged in my face, and flames flickering in my eyes I opened my mouth and then decided against speaking. My body quivered.

I wasn't going to break my vow and tell him off. I easily gripped the wrist of the hand that held me, flicking it sharply I felt him loosen his grip and I pulled away.

Almost forgetting to shut my locker door, I slapped it with the palm of my hand and scrambled away. Without looking back I hastily wove my way to the gym. Closing the double doors behind me I headed into the girls locker room. 

'I was going to be so late.'

(Sean's P.O.V)

I barely had time to react, the locker door rammed painfully into my nose. Hoping darkly that it wasn't simply broken I held in gingerly in my fingers and looked up. Holding back some words I knew, my eyes met fire... 

"Ow!"

There she was, her scarlet eyes, crimson hair all tense next to me. The blood color of her eyes was trained souly on me. Her gaze looked me up and down, thinking quickly I reached out, but she'd already turned and grabbed her gym bag.

'She has gym with me...' 

My happy thought halted as I wrapped my hand around her wrist. Her body tense, did she think I meant to harm her? When she finally turned to look at me, I could have shriveled up and died at the emotions in her face.

Fear was plastered heavily in all of her beautiful features. Her perfect eyes were blazing with all different feelings. Fear, anger, sadness, pain...

I didn't see her hand twitch, but next thing I knew my hand was limp, and she had pulled out of my grasp. Her hair flowed out behind her as she slammed her locker and scrambled off. I stood there staring stupidly after her. 

I'd clearly offended her, I was going to make it right... She had opened her mouth as if to say something, then obviously thought twice about it... 

I had to do something about it... But for now I needed to get to gym, the halls as already cleared out and I was standing alone. Pulling my bag from my locker I made my way to the gym... My excuse would be I couldn't find it... Easy enough to fool, being the new guy.