6.

Nate's POV

The more I thought about the surprise, the more nervous I got. Emma was more than just a fan to me.

We pulled into the parking lot about an hour later. I look back at the girls to see how tired they had gotten within the past half hour. Man, this was my chance...

"We're at your surprise, but you have to close your eyes before getting out."

Emma and Claire smiled widely with confusion, "you better be good at leading me then. I really don't wanna trip in these wedges and a skirt," I heard one of them say.

"You really thought I was gonna let you walk in the dark, with your eyes closed in a skirt?" I laughed, picturing how that would've gone.

There was that smile. I will never get tired of seeing it. I don't think I can stress that enough.

She closed her eyes and stood up and out of the car. I picked her up bridal style as she put her arms around me with her head in the crook of my neck.

We were back in downtown Cincinnati close to where the venue from tonight was. Sam and I brought them to the Ohio River for a boat ride. There's a law that all boats must be docked by ten, but Sam made sure we had special permission.

I tried my best to carefully step into the boat without her realizing where we were and what we were about to be doing.

The boat was big enough for the four of us to sit down in and look at the stars.

Emma and Claire were fighting to fall asleep within an hour of being on the boat. Nate and I figured this would happen, so we made sure we had pillows and blankets. The boat driver, who was actually David Gilinsky, was aware to wake us up by 2:30 to get them back to her brother.

We must've all drifted away because before I knew it, I was being shaken by David. I checked my phone that happened to be in my hand still.

2:40 am

Shit... I can't leave her.

My arms were perfectly around Emma while her head was on my chest. she had her fingers intertwined with one of my hands and she had a little smile on her face still.

She was beautiful even while sleeping.

David finally got us docked and Sam and I carried the girls to the car. They were half awake as Sam dialed Scott's number.

No answer.

He called again.

No answer.

"Let's just take them to a hotel and get them a room. He probably fell asleep considering it's three. We'll just stay with them or in another room or whatever to make sure they're okay."

-

We got two rooms in a Comfort Inn. The room for the girls was pretty fancy.

Once they got settled in, we gave them our shirts to sleep in to be more comfortable.

God, she looked amazing in my shirt. It went down to a little above her knees but wasn't too long on her arms. It fit her nicely.

"Wow," was all I could say. She left me speechless, in the greatest way possible.

She flashed her beautiful smile again, redness soaking in her cheeks.

"Let's get you in bed. You're so tired," I chuckled.

She climbed into the bed as I grabbed her blankets and pulled them over her slim figure.

I heard Claire tell Sammy to stay with her as I kissed Emma's forehead.

"You and Nate. Stay with us for the night. We only have tomorrow together."

I looked at Emma, who nodded in what must've been agreement to what Claire said.

I climbed up next to her as she cuddled herself into my chest.

Tomorrow was going to hurt like a bitch.