Chapter 6

I walked out of my office to see that Alex was messing around on his phone. Oh, I could use this opportunity to scare him. He clearly hadn't noticed my presence yet.

I shut my door as quietly as I could and made my way towards Alex, trying my best to be quiet. When I was right behind him, I bent down to whisper in his ear.

"What are you doing?"

"AHHHH!" I screamed.

Before I got the chance to scare him, Alex had whipped his head around and scared me instead. No fair! I wanted to be the one to scare him.

"That's not fair," I whined like a three-year-old. I even stomped my foot and pouted for a more dramatic affect. Apparently, it didn't work because he just stared at me with an amused smirk on his face.

"Sorry for scaring you, but you weren't exactly quiet. You do realize you are walking in heels on tile floor right?" I looked down and sure enough, my nude heels were still there attached to my feet.

Damn, I forgot about those.

"You could have at least let me scare you, even if it wouldn't actually scare you." I crossed my arms across my chest like a child. This caused Alex to stand to his full height, although, since I had heels on, we were almost the same height. I was maybe only an inch shorter.

"If I had let you try to scare me it wouldn't have been any fun since I knew you were coming," he chuckled.

"Still, next time, let me at least attempt to scare you," I huffed.

"Next time?" he questioned.

"You know what I mean. Anyways, I came out here to see how your work was going? Do you need help with anything?" I asked. Taking a look around his desk, I realized that it looked like he was mostly settled in.

He had his few notebooks and materials neatly stacked on the desk and his phone was placed right next to them.

"I think I'm good for the most part. I had your mother send me your schedule for the rest of today. I looked around too, greeted some of the other employees. They seem really nice. I guess all I have to do now is whatever you say I have to do," he replied.

Since it was almost 3, I suggested that we go for lunch. I don't know about Alex, but I'm starving. Something about sitting in an office and working all day makes me hungry. Not hungry enough to eat something cheap like McDonald's though.

He agreed since he hadn't eaten either, he was too busy settling in and everything.

"So," I said as I started my engine. We had somehow managed to walk down to the parking garage in the span of time I had drifted off in thought. "Where would you like to go?"

"Anywhere you want is fine."

I shrugged my shoulders as I sped out of the garage. I wasn't sure where to go. Since I had Alex with me, I didn't want to go to some place too fancy in case he didn't have enough money for the food. Plus, I didn't want to seem like a rich snob who only ate expensive food in front of him.

And that is why, after driving for 20 minutes, I pulled up in front of a small pizza parlor.

"You like pizza?" Alex asked, clearly shocked that I would eat something like pizza. "Yeah, I do. Why? Did you think since I'm the heir to a multi-billion dollar company that I wouldn't eat something as simple as pizza?"

I threw a little hurt and anger into my voice to try and get a reaction out of him.

"No," he exclaimed worriedly. Ha! My plan was working. "I would never assume something like that. You can eat whatever you want, money isn't a factor. I was just assuming that you wouldn't like it since the pizza sauce can sometimes make a mess or stain your clothes if you're not careful. But don't worry, if you stain you clothes I will pay for the dry-"