Twenty Eight

The teenager just shook his head and said, "She didn't kill anybody."

"You've only miscalculated a little."

"Officer Collins, I'm sure of that."

How did he determine where, when and who?

Patrick suddenly stared at Sebastian, and he also looked at him.

He immediately got up and closed the door of the interrogation room, drew the curtain, unplugged the camera, and shut down all means of communication with the outside world.

He sat back in front of Sebastian and said quickly, "If my analysis is right, there's only one other option: Eliza didn't kill anybody. When you go to the back hill, Lily was already dead. You think Eliza killed her, so you plan what I said before. You prepared everything, but later found out that there was someone else who killed Lily."

Sebastian did not reply, his expression was calm, unlike someone who had been questioned several times.

He pleaded, "Sebastian, please believe me at least this once."

But the teenager's eyes are so strange that it's hard to say that he believes in anything right now.

"I know you don't believe me, and I can't explain the procedure or the law to you right now, but Sebastian, only I can help you now, and I want to help you. No, I have to help you!"

"You know there are four cases of rape done by the raincoat man and a Second Degree murder charge by Lily. How many years are you going to be in prison? Even if you have a good attitude and conducts, it will last for at least twenty years, longer than your life now! Let alone it's possible to be a life sentence!"

Sebastian was silent.

The light flickered.

Patrick stood up and said, "What about Eliza? Don't you want to never see her for the rest of your life?

"... No, she doesn't matter." He spoke, quiet but not indifferent.

Only the mention of Eliza can pry open his mouth.

"Do you want to see her?" Patrick asked, "Do you want to meet her now? Or in 20 years?"

"She can't see me." Sebastian replied.

"Can I ask you what you think? Do you want to leave this hole and go out early to find to her? It doesn't matter if she can's see you, just stay behind her. She's alone now. Don't you want to protect her like before?"

Sebastian bit his lips tightly.

Patrick asked, "How did you tell her that you killed Lily by mending the knife, that you killed Will, and that you used this to break her back so that she could not withdraw the confession?"

Sebastian was astonished.

He remembered that he had told her what he wanted most and that she had to give it to him. No matter how difficult it is for her to be alone in the future, she has to carry on and give him what he wants most. He knew she was tough and she could do it.

"You've taken it all down. So, what about her?"

"Sebastian, take responsibility for your mistakes, but don't answer for what you haven't done. It's not love, it's simply obsession."

"You can't see it inside, but I can see that she's completely changed now. She's going to suffer for a lifetime. She's going to become silent and withdraw from everyone."

"You are willing to take responsibility for her, and your heart will feel satisfied, but you have blocked all her exits, she does not know how to tell the truth of the case, she may not even know what is true."