❛ 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚋𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 ❜ | 𝚜𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏

——

Ola Oliver and Alice Marie Harrington had met in middle school after Ola's family moved to Seattle from Los Angeles in 1964.

They immediately clicked, becoming the best of friends in less than a year.

Whrn they'd made it to high school, Ola met Anthony Hudson, who was an art student from out of the country.

He was "extraordinary", different from his siblings and father. They despised him for it, but had no choice but to accept it.

Alice met Elmer McKagan, a good-for-nothing-but-nevertheless-loving-man at some music festival/fundraiser she participated in.

Alice had passed him by in the halls of school and had a crush on him for a while. You could imagine her surprise when he hadn't kept his eyes off of her the entire night.

The couples graduated high school together, but had to go their separate ways after, seeing at they were all accepted into different colleges.

They'd meet again, they all swore.

——

One day, five and a half years later, as Anthony was painting the side of a record shops, he'd heard a voice he thought had long forgotten about him.

"What's it like in that head of yours, Van Gogh?"

He stops painting and looks up in disbelief, a huge smile taking over half his face.

"Jesus, fuck! Ola!" He dropped his paintbrush back into its bucket and immediately engulfed her in a hug, neither of them caring about the paint on his hands and arms.

Ola had hugged him back just as tightly, like she'd missed his presence more than she let on.

She was glowing. Gorgeous. Her beauty had never failed to amaze him.

Often, Anthony would stare at her a little too long at times just to memorize every crevice of her face as if it'd been their last day on earth.

She was the subject and sometimes the story of much of his artwork.

"When the hell did you get back in Seattle?" Anthony pulled back, studying her once again.

"Just last night." Ola relays giddily. "I'm a licensed fashion designer! Can you believe it?" She gushed.

Anthony smiled proudly. "Of course I can, Ola. I always knew you were special." He gently caressed her cheek with his thumb.

She smiled, leaning into his touch. "I've missed you, Tony."

Anthony felt his heart swell a million more times than the first time they'd met. "I've missed you too, Ola." Anthony said.

When Ola had gone to college, she'd had to attend in her hometown, Los Angeles, where she would master in her studies, which caused them to have to break things off for a while, promising to keep in touch.

Both immediately became got too busy and phone calls became scarce.

"Hey, let's grab lunch and catch up?" Ola blushed.