36

Kenneth sat in the middle of the throne room, his fists bound closed with leather and his arms tied behind him. His head was forced still with a random cone Hephaestus had lying around. His feet were tied together and his knees were forced straight by to boards so they couldn't bend. He had several bindings to keep him immobilized.

"Was all of this really necessary?" Dionysus mumbled, raising an eyebrow at the restraints. "Yes. If he were to even sneeze, he'd probably be able to topple Olympus." Hephaestus informed his brother.

Percy was still Clockwork, no one had yet suggested otherwise, and Percy nearly settled in the possibility that they were just rushing to rescue a machine. Maybe Hephaestus fed them a lie like the prices of getting materials for a whole new robotic assistant were expensive or something.

Then Percy remembered that the Demigod Council hadn't stopped looking at him since he'd got back.

"What you're telling us, is that Adrien is experimenting on demigods and amplifying their powers for... what reason?" Athena asked, for once as puzzled as everyone else in the room.

"I have reason to believe that they are just testing how much their bodies can take. From what I can tell, not all of their subjects are being amplified. But I'm sure Mr. Jackson knows more than I do." Percy said.

Piper nodded. "I can question him," Piper stated. Kenneth let out a bark of a laugh, the cruelest sound he could make with the restraints. "I've built up a resistance to Du Vel's charmspeak so there's is nothing you can do that--" Kenneth gritted his teeth as he was forced to shut his mouth. Percy stood with his hand slightly raised and balled up into a loose fist.

So while Kenneth can push through Percy's power, he has to be aware of when it's happening.

"Thank you, Mrs. Grace, but I think you shouldn't be the one to ask. Lady Aphrodite, if you would?"

"Of course, Clockwork," Aphrodite told him. "I'll be asking questions about the children, so call Will," Percy instructed. Hephaestus obeyed Percy, and the image of a tired Will appeared.

Percy released his hold on Kenneth. "You think that just because you're a god that you can do better than he? He will--" "Silence." Aphrodite stated, and the words died in Kenneth's throat. The whole throne room fell into an uncomfortable silence as Aphrodite's commanded affected everyone else. Except, of course, Percy. "My Lady, would it be possible to ask him these questions--" "Kenneth, answer Clockwork's questions clearly and truthfully," Aphrodite said.

"I don't know anyone named Clockwork."

"He has the strength to even attempt to resist Aphrodite's charmspeak," Katie whispered. "He's not strong enough to not listen though. That's all that matters really." Travis whispered back.

Percy took off his helmet, and anyone who doubted Clockwork was Percy had their doubts relieved as the tired demigod looked at his estranged son.

"Let's try that again," Percy said. "Kenneth, answer Percy's questions clearly and truthfully." Aphrodite pressed.

"Yes, ma'am," Kenneth answered, completely under Aphrodite's control.

"Where is Adrien?"
"I don't know."

"What's Adrien's plan?"
"Tomorrow, he planned on taking his daughter to the beach, and maybe have donuts lat--"

"Let me rephrase that. What's Adrien's plan for the Twenty?"
"To use us as weapons against the Olympians."

"Expand on that please."

"One was an activator. His death activated explosives."

"Bombs. Actual bombs?" Hephaestus pondered.