12

Next day
Xaviers POV

"She has what?!" Layla stood up and shouted. Everyone soon followed.

We just broke the news about Beth's cancer and none of them were taking it well which I expected but I expected them to be sad not mad, but after I got over the sad part I was angry, maybe they're just reacting the wrong way round.

"H-how far..." Jake mumbled. Everyone went silent and looked at Beth.

"Second stage."

"C-can you get treatment or is it t-to l-late." Micheal spoke.

"I can get treatment and I'm going to no doubt about it, but just because I have cancer doesn't mean I'm going to not be with you anymore, because I'm going to fight and I'm going to survive it. I don't want any negativity okay?" She looked at them all and then at me. I just nodded and so did the rest, they were all speechless and I didn't want to say anything else.

"We're going to get a doctor, and he or she will be around the house a lot so if you see someone around that's probably them okay?" I said and they all looked and nodded still speechless about what happened.

"Does anyone else have any other news that they want to share Instead if waiting for tomorrow?" Micheal joked trying to light up the situation.

We all laughed a bit trying to get more comfortable and with what was just said, try to get back to normal in a way. But before you knew it we were joking around and everything was normal again, Jake was winding up Layla and Alex was telling him to stop. Isaac was teasing Isaac about Madison and he messed up his hair, this is how my family is, perfect and I loved it. Every single one of them.

Monday

Layla's POV

It was Monday, god I hate Monday's. I got out of bed and put on a hoodie and jeans, the clothes seemed baggier than usual but that's only because I stretched them. I still felt fag and not good at all. I looked in the mirror and all I could see was fat. God I really was a pig.

I went downstairs and only Alex was there.

"Do you want any pancakes?"

"No, I'm not hungry thanks."

"Yeah right, you're going to eat something this morning."

I sighed, I really didn't feel like eating at all but he wasn't going to get off my case until I did. I grabbed an apple and finished it. I felt stuffed and like I was going to throw up, I could feel the fat building up on me. On my stomach, on my thighs, all over my body, everywhere.

"See I ate."

"Make sure you eat later."

"Yeah yeah."

"I mean it."

"I know you do. Do you know if Isaac is coming to school today?"

"I know he doesn't want to but I'm pretty sure that Laura is going to make him."

I nodded in agreement and sat down waiting for the rest of my brother to come down so I could get to school and start reading. It felt like it had been forever since I started reading the book. If my life was drama feee I would've finished the book by now but the universe didn't want me reading this book.