Chapter 3

Mr. Knight got up from the chair, leaving behind the information I will need to locate him, he then squeezed my shoulder affectionately and leaves.

Confuse I simply stare after him. While his face, and attitude towards come off as cold. His eyes and touch was gentle.

*******

I look up that the huge building that Mr. Knight works at. It's a skyscraper, made completely out of glass.

I take a deep calming breath and enter the building

I gasp at the site in front of me. Lord, this building is unbelievable.  With rich gold color with white helping it pop to life. A chandelier hanging in the center of the entrance of the building. This place is just beautiful and so elegant.

"Goodmorning, how may I help you?" The receptionist asks as I near the front desk. She's blond with blue eyes, a shirt that matches making her eyes pop. She doesn't look like she belongs behind a desk. She belongs in the cover of a magazine.

"I'm here to see Mr.Knight, I have a meeting with him," I inform her.

She lets out a laugh.  Gosh, she even as a nice laugh.

"Sweetheart, I'm sure you have one." She says in a sarcastic tone, continuing to type on her keyboard completely ignoring me.

"No I'm being serious I need to see him." I insist. I'm on my tippy-toes, leaning on to the desk. I look at her name tag. Emily.

"Look, my name is Lisa Grey. If you could just check." I ask.

"Look, I highly doubt it, so I suggest you remove yourself or I will call security. "  She threatens me.

"No, I really need to see him." I lean in more on the desk.

As to which she ignores and picks up the phone, giving me a look of disgust. "Security, I need for you to remove someone. " For someone who is so pretty, her attitude is ugly.

Damn it.

No, no. "I really need to see him." I insist again.

I feel the presence of someone behind me. I turn and come to face two tall buff guys, who I think if they were to push me, I would probably fly to the next building. I slowly back away but try to reason with them.

"Look I am looking for Mr. Knight,  please tell him I'm here."

Choosing to ignore me they take a hold of my arms and start to drag me toward the entrance of the building.

"Please, he knows I'm here, call him I have a meeting. PLEASE! "

I'm creating a scene, but I don't care. The people are starting to stop and stare, whispering among themselves. I came for our deal is he doesn't show up it's his problem now I have other things to do.

"What is going on here?" The familiar voice sounds from behind us. I sigh in relief. I turn to see Mr. Knight walking in my direction. Thank goodness.

"Sir, we were just taking her out." One of the security guards speaks ups.

"Leave her, I specifically ask you this morning to watch out for this young lady. "  The guards look skeptical at me. I feel offended.

They release my arms, I walk toward Mr. Knight.

"Let's go to my office. "  Mr. Knight says.

I follow him to his office. Although I can still feel the gaze of the security guards and receptionist on me as I walk with Mr. Knight.

We get in an elevator. Even, the elevator even is gorgeous.

"I'm sorry if I cause you trouble." I try to fill the silence.