Chapter 17: Intruders

Energon Mines, Unknown Location.

(Normal POV)

"Gather the miners. We have stripped clean all the energon crystals we could find in this area. And, I scratched my chassis that I just polished this morning. Return to the Nemesis immediately." Knockout sneered.

It was kinda disturbing to see how his personality change from a skilled doctor to a strict asshole commander in just a few seconds.

.

.

.

At least his narcissistic fashion diva side didn't change.

The Vehicons gave a nod and started loading the energon crystals into crates so they could bring it back to Decepticon ship. Sounds of the energon crystals clinking as they were tossed in the crates, Vehicons talking with each other, bridges opening, and the voice of an irritated Knockout was heard throughout the cave.

Cecilia sat on Steve's shoulder as he worked. She grabbed on to his armor as he moved about. Steve did his job without complaint, Cecilia respects that.

She listens attentively as the Vehicon talks. Turns out, Steve was a great storyteller. He has been with the Decepticons for a very long time, he knew all the events that happened from their home planet, Cybertron, to when they came here to earth. Steve told her once that his fellow Vehicons don't like him talking too much. That's why no one bothers to listen.

Poor Steve...

But Cecilia wouldn't let that continue. Especially when he knows all the latest gossips and news on the ship. Unsurprisingly, the Vehicons like to talk about their commanders behind their backs.

Hi Sis! -RB

The human girl smiled when she heard that adorable voice. Ever since she opened up to Soundwave and his creations, they considered her as a family. All of Soundwave's creations are all mechs so having a girl in their group isn't so bad. After all, Ratbat thinks that she gives the second-best hugs. The first place obviously goes to his creator.

'Hello, Ratbat. Is everything alright?'

Yup! Beaky's a wittle gwumpy that he doesn't get to come with you. -RB

'Oh really?'

Yeah! -RB

'Well, Laserbeak is always worried, isn't he?'

I heard my name. What are you two talking about? -L

'Oh, hi Beaky. It's nothing. Ratbat and I were just talking about how a great brother you are.' Cecilia gave a quiet laugh and smiled at Steve who turned his visor in her direction.

Of course, I am! Who else takes care of the twerp if Soundwave isn't around? -L

Silence.

Erm, fine. Ravage does most of the job but I helped too! Buzzsaw never takes the task seriously and do we even need to talk about the twin miscreants? -L

'You got a point there.'

What's a miscweent? -RB

That's what we call Rumble and Frenzy. Miscreants. -L

'Beaky, that's not nice.'

Whatever. I'm going back to my patrols, see you at the ship. -L

'Bye.'

But bwother, you're not on patwol... -RB

Hush kid. -L

Medical Bay, the Nemesis.

(Cecilia's POV)

"Well, my tiny assistant. Aren't you going to tell me how your day had been?"

I rolled my eyes at Knockout but stayed quiet. I looked down at the tool I was cleaning and scrubbed it again with a rag.

"Looks like our little human had a bad day." Breakdown said.

The larger mech was sitting on a berth. While Knockout, the Vehicons and I were out mining for energon, the others were raiding an energy plant in a nearby city. Since the Nemesis is always moving from place to place, it's hard for the humans and Autobots to keep track of where we are going to be next.

Then, the Autobots appeared and attacked. One of the new mechs that I have met, Barricade, was there. The group took 12 mechs with them. 8 of them were Vehicons, Barricade, Soundwave, Breakdown, and Blitzwing.

Soundwave came back relatively unharmed. Just a few burnt marks from the explosives that the Autobot engineer threw all around the field and a malfunctioning wrist from when an Autobot got a lucky hit.

He fixed himself up but allowed me to take a closer look at his wrist in case something got stuck in there that caused the malfunction.

Blitzwing, on the other hand, was in worst condition than the others and was strapped on a berth immediately by Knockout. I'm pretty sure he was worried about the mech but Knockout doesn't want to admit it.

"I didn't have a bad day." I finally said.

Knockout gave a harsh laugh.

"Well darling, your face and attitude say otherwise."

My frown grew more at the nickname.

"Aw, look what you did Doc. The human's pissed now."

I mumbled something foul under my breath.

Ever since I stayed on the ship, these two have been constantly teasing me. Not that I hate it or anything. I consider them both as...

Brothers...?

Uncles...?

Friends...?

Well, I love them as my close friends/family and nothing is going to change that.

"I'm taking a break." I huffed as I placed down the tool and the rag. I scaled down Knockout leg, pointedly ignoring his yell of protest and landed on my feet gently.

I used the human door that Knockout oh so graciously installed for me and walked down the hallway. What I noticed when I journeyed through the ship was that it was... Empty.

Vehicons usually scurried up and down these halls doing their patrols and work. But now...

I turned around when I felt someone watching me. The dark walls and flickering lights on the ceilings did not help calm my heart down. I blinked and eased out a breath slowly.

There.

I clenched my fists and my eyes flicked over to where I saw movements in the shadows.

When the figure came closer, I brought my fists in front of me.

And immediately lowered them when I saw their black hair with pink highlights.

"Cecilia?" She asked, surprise in her voice.

I tilted my head.

"Miko."