Best friends forever- Mickey x reader

AU:  High school

Requested by: Cxsmicstxrz

-

"Topher!" You called, searching around the party. "Where are you?"

It was homecoming night, which you came to with your boyfriend, Topher. You both spent time playing truth or dare with your friends Dakota, Sam, and Zoey, but he disappeared an hour ago, after he told you he was getting drinks for you guys. You looked for him in the dining room, but he wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Y/N!" You turned and saw your best friend, Mickey.

You've known Mickey, since kindergarten and instantly hit it off, after you lost your stuffed pig and cried for an hour. Mickey was there to cheer you up, and since then you've been best friends. You always beat up whoever picked on him, and he always supported you through everything. 

You instantly smiled, seeing he was able to make it. You convinced Mickey to go to homecoming, because he never went out much, when you both grew up together.

Mickey noticed the worry behind your smile. "What's wrong?"

You sighed, "I can't find Topher."

"What?"

You nodded, "He was just playing truth or dare with me, Dakota, Sam, and Zoey, then he just disappeared. He said he was getting us drinks here, but he's been gone for an hour."

Mickey frowned in concern. He knew something was off, because Topher wouldn't just leave you like that. As much as Mickey didn't like Topher, he didn't want Topher to hurt you.

You and Mickey searched the campus area for Topher, until you spotted him in the back of the school, with a blonde who was speaking to him. You looked at Mickey in confusion, and he nodded, walking with you over to Topher. To your horror, the blonde girl was Amy and she was getting touchy with your boyfriend.

"Toph, baby." Amy says seductively. "You deserve way better than Y/N. She's like Samey, but worse."

Topher surprised you by laughing, and touching Amy's shoulder.

"I wouldn't worry about trying to convince me you're better, Amy, because you are." Topher told Amy. "Besides, I'm going to break up with her after I'm done with you."

Amy pulled him into a kiss, and if it was possible, you felt your heart drop even more.

You felt Mickey's arms around you, as you felt tears stream down your face.

"You selfish jerk." You choked out, startling the two traitors. Topher looked at you in shock, and Amy just smirked.

"Y/N-" Topher pleaded.

"It's over." You told him, walking away with Mickey. Mickey had his arm around you, as you were walking. 

You tried your best to stop crying, but it was hard. You thought Topher was the one for you and tonight he proved you wrong. 

Mickey shifted uncomfortably before speaking, "Do you want to get out of here? I know tonight's been tough for you." 

You nodded, then you felt worried, knowing you rode here with Topher.

As Mickey could sense your worry, he said, "I can drive us to my place, if you want."

"Thank you."

-

"It's his loss, Y/N." Mickey said, taking off his shoes, entering his house, then closed the door behind him. "He- he just doesn't see what a true gem you are."