Denial

The ground trembled and scared a few crows away. As they fled with loud caws, out of the fissure in the earth came out Jasper, horns first.

He stretched out his back and breathed in the sweet evening air, the triangle tip of his long tail flicking impatiently. He frowned as a gust of wind swept his overgrown red hair into his eyes. He hated the wind but he was willing to put up with this minor earthly inconvenience if it meant that he could find someone new to amuse himself with.

"Finally," Jasper said to the other demons who followed him from the Netherworld. "Now, let's find some humans."

The others smiled in anticipation, revealing their fangs, a couple locked their horns in a playful ram, one already took to the air.

"Show-off," Jasper murmured but then smirked. If he had wings, he'd stretch them out too. Plus, he heard that the wind made gliding easier.

As his fellow demons paired up and set off to the human town for some well-earned fun, he went on his own, already sensing a damsel that would be perfect for him. A touch of a lust demon was exactly what she needed.

The sound of a woosh of wings behind him made him stop.

"Must we do this every year?"

He turned around to cast a bored glance at the angel that hovered a foot above the ground, his white feathery wings beating in a slow rhythm.

"What are you up to, Incubus?"

"Same as you, Zadkiel." Jasper inclined his head. "Just visiting."

"Who will you visit this time?"

Jasper smirked. "Wanna join me?"

Zadkiel gasped and beat his wings a little more forcefully, his glowing eyes glaring. "Don't be absurd. I'm a Dominion!"

Jasper chuckled in satisfaction. He loved making that birdie blush. He kept eye contact, slowly licked his finger and gently touched the tip of his horn.

"Tssss," he hissed like water on hot coals and slurred seductively, "I'm ready to celebrate Samhain the old-fashioned way. What will you do, Zadkiel?"

"As always, I will ensure that you and your chums behave."

"So you'll watch?" Jasper waggled his eyebrows and Zadkiel blushed even further. "Let's go, Dominion. A lonely widow awaits us."

And he set off in the direction of an orange-brick house, chuckling on the way at the protests his feathered friend was making.

"Only to guard her so you don't get carried away."

"Sure, my friend, if that's what you want to call it."

😈😈😈

A/N: This story was originally written for Halloween Vault 2 challenge but I'd like to revise it, make it better (especially since I'm no longer encumbered by the word limit).

Any suggestions?