"Peli..."

"Ruhya! I'm so glad you're safe!" Peli cried out as he threw his arms around her and pulled her close. His voice sounded heavy, "I was so scared when I saw that you weren't in your room. I looked everywhere for you, thank goodness that you're eyes were glowing. Thanks to them I was able to find you."

"What?" Ruhya breathed out. She inhaled sharply as she realized her eyes had been glowing the whole time, and they had just given her location away.

"Here, I brought your blindfold. How are you're eyes feeling?" Peli asked as he reached into his shirt and pulled out Ruhya's forgotten blindfold. Ruhya whimpered as he smoothed down her hair and gently tied the white cloth around her eyes.

"I-I'm fine."

"Your face is so dirty, what happened to you? Are you okay? Did anyone hurt you?" Peli asked rapidly, his voice growing more and more worried. His fingers tenderly wiped at her face, rubbing off dirt and dried flakes of blood.

"Peli, I-"

"Shh, it's okay. I know a lot had happened, you must be under a lot of stress. It's all gonna be okay, I'm here."

Tears filled Ruhya's eyes and spilled over as Peli gently picked her up. He carried her in his arms and walked out of the building into the dark night. Ruhya didn't even try to resist, she was too tired.

"I feel sick."

"I know, let's go back home. You'll feel better after you get some rest."

Ruhya groaned, letting her body go limp in Peli's arms. She closed her eyes and for the first time in a while, she welcomed the darkness of sleep.

Ruhya's chest heavied as she spun quickly, her breaths coming in short puffs. She lifted her leg but her body hadn't recovered from the spinning causing her to lose her balance and fall to the ground. Sweat trailed down Ruhya's face and dripped from the tip of her nose. 

"Dammit, I still can't get the timing right." Ruhya grunted as she slammed her fist on the ground in frustration. After taking a few seconds to catch her breath, Ruhya stood up and reached for a nearby towel to wipe the sweat off her face and neck. 

"Ruhya birdie, are you in here?" Ravoi's voice called from outside, muffled by the thick tent. Ruhya quickly put on her blindfold, making sure it was secure before going outside to meet Ravoi.

"I was just practicing a new routine. Do you need anything?" 

"Oh, no, nothing like that. I just wanted to introduce you to the newest member of our family. A talented young musician named Peli. He's going to be the new drummer."

"Hello, um, it's a pleasure to meet you Miss. My name is Peli, I'm 12 years old and I like to play the drums." A youthful voice sounded out with a layer of nervousness. His baggy clothes ruffled as he stuck out a thin hand toward Ruhya.

"Hi, I'm Ruhya. It's nice to meet you." Ruhya smiled as she took Peli's hand, it was surprisingly warm and firm.

"Peli is from Balbadd, just like you. You're the closest in age to him so I hope I can entrust him to your care. Show him around, won't ya?" Ravoi said as he patted Ruhya on the back. She nodded and hummed in agreement.

"Don't worry, you can count on me!" Ruhya exclaimed as she pulled Peli closer to her and swung her arm around his shoulders.

"I knew I could. Don't stay out too long, lunch's gonna be ready in an hour." Ravoi called out as he left the two, "Oh and Peli, don't stay out in the sun too long. Your face seems to be sunburnt already, it's red as a tomato."