"Worry about what, (F/n)?" Kid frowned.

"Well, I don't know if you know this or not, but I was involved in an accident last year." You let out a deep breath of air as you walked alongside Kid towards the place he was talking about.

"An accident?" Kid pretended not to know, for now.

"Yeah... I was... I-I was hit by a car." Your teeth clenched as you tried not to let the tears out. "I woke up in the hospital two months later to discover I had lost all memories from the second semester of my last year in high school to the exact moment I got hit by the car. That's at least a year and a half of my life."

Kid didn't say anything but a hurtful expression slowly formed on his face. You took a moment to breathe, continuing to walk along the pathway, you let the stars above you calm you down.

You looked up and saw all the stars glimmering in the absence of any clouds. The stars looked like jewels reflecting the light and to you, they seemed to twinkle a thousand colors. Each twinkle for each memory you treasured, each memory that you yearned to regain, each feeling that you reciprocated to find and finally, the person you had hoped to reunite with.

Is it just me or do all the stars seem closer tonight?

You felt tears prick the corners of your eyes and you wiped them before they could start spilling. "(F/n)?" Kid said, as he saw your almost tear filled eyes. "Can I tell you something, Kid?" You looked down from the sky, into your hands as they started to tremble lightly.

"Yeah?" Kid walked over to you and took your hands before tipping your chin up to meet his amber gaze. "After waking up, I always felt like something was missing. The constant feeling of something void in my heart never left. I know that Pops and the others are hiding something from me. I just don't know what. I overheard the doctor talking to them, telling them that if they told me about everything there's a small risk of me, losing all the memories I have. They convinced me that I forgot nothing important and graduation went by smoothly. But I just... I don't know anymore..."

Why me?

And that was when the tears overflowed.

Your gaze dropped and your eyes closed as the tears, they rolled down your cheeks as you suppressed your sudden need to cry harder and harder.

Kid couldn't bear to see you, his one and only true love, cry so much in front of him. All this time he had thought that you'd be better off without him, but clearly you were the one that was hurting, you were the one that sought for his affection. if not, unconsciously in the least.

He blamed himself for so long for watching you get hit by a car when he couldn't do anything but stand and watch. He was paralyzed. He was shocked, stunned and even almost dead inside. He couldn't have prevent what was to come when you stormed out the door angry at him.

You were angry at him.

And that was the feeling you left when you lost all your memories of him, of Trafalgar and of your life a year and a half ago.

You gasped in surprise when Kid hugged you, your teary eyes widened like dinner plates and your heart rate quickened.

"K-Kid?"

"Come with me, (F/n)." Before you could say anything, Kid separated himself from you and started walking towards the lake which you guys had swam in earlier today. "Kid, where are you taking me?" You said as you followed him behind some rocks. "Come." He didn't explain anything to you but grab your hand and slowly walked across a bunch of wet rocks.

The waterfall?

"Kid?" You questioned again, impatience beginning to slowly kick in, you followed him again behind the waterfall into a dark cave. "Kid, stop!" He stopped.

"(F/n)," you looked at Kid's solemn face with blurred eyes. "If this doesn't help you regain your memories, then I don't know what will..."

Huh?

He tipped your chin up and you rose your gaze from amber, to meet thousands of flickering lights above you on the cave ceiling.

Your eyes widened tenfold from surprise as you looked at the scenery above you. The mesmerizing lights on the ceiling reminded you of the stars in the night sky.

Under all the stars where you kissed your beloved, where you made love to your one and only, where you made a promise that your future belonged to him and where you wished that the moment would be everlasting.

All the stars, which you swore to your lover that you wouldn't forget.

Miraculously, all the memories had come back to you.