Chapter 56: Diplomacy

A/N: Q&A for today:

Q&A: How much does Aiden love Elsa?

Well, he thinks of her as his other half. Elsa thinks so of him too, and they are practically soulmates in this book. I mean, the hot and the cold are just so intense, put them together they just make sense!

See? Even Olaf approves of Aidelsa (Aiden x Elsa) (Fire and Ice)
____________________________________
"Excuse me?"

The flabbergasted, disgusted tone in the Queen of Arendelle's voice sent chills to run down the councilmen's spines; their frightened eyes drifting towards the ice creeping up to the queen's fingertips.

"Yes. We're implying what you are thinking, your majesty, and we're going to be forward with this. Weselton exports—exported, half of our kingdom's most needed goods; Corona isn't as generous like the latter, to put proof on this argument."

"Indeed this is an argument, Sir Garrett. Bite your tongue since it's got venom, and it isn't your place to sign the trade agreement Weselton once again had sent... It's a dirty offer, I'm telling you. This matter requires diplomacy, and I definitely do not see it in your tone."

"I am only putting the kingdom's needs first, your Majesty. You are not—"

"Cut it with your lies, Garrett. I have my own say in this, and my own say is no. I'm not going to be one of you gullible fools, you hear? I'm not a person that can be bribed with filthy wealth."

The prime minister took a step back, stuttering heavily, "H-how did you kno—"

"I am a woman of many things, sir Garrett. Therefore, I am the Queen. When I say many, one of it is knowing every corrupt politician's move." Elsa smirked, "And, this meeting is adjourned."

Before she steps out of the room, she announced behind her back with a sly victorious smile, "And, gentlemen. I am carrying your awaited heir."
____________________________________

"Daddy can't wait to see you."

Elsa smiled albeit tiredly at Aiden while she lay herself down on their favorite spot in the Royal Gardens, a blanket and a pillow settled on the grass.

She gently closed her eyes and lets her husband talk to the barely a month old bump, drifting off to her precious nap. She is currently in her ice dress, her French braid resting on her shoulder.

The fire king lay down on his stomach while he cutely kept talking to their growing and developing heir, rubbing her stomach every once in a while. He kept ranting about things, his emerald green eyes filled with life and energy.

"What if you would look like an exact copy of your mommy, huh? Wouldn't that be swell? But whatever you look like, I'd still love you just as I already do."

That brought a faint smile to curl on Elsa's lips.

Aiden chuckled, tearing himself away from Elsa's stomach. He gently lifted her body and puts her head on his lap,  his fingers going through her platinum blond locks. He massaged her scalp delicately, earning a satisfied moan from his wife.

"Have you thought of names, snowflake?" Aiden smiled.

"Well, I really like the name Auriana if ever it's a girl."

"Hm, an interesting name indeed. What about for a boy?"

"I like Chandler."

"I like it too."

Aiden pressed a long kiss on her lips, "I'm going to say this right here, right now, snowflake. I love you so much, Elsa. I love you more than my own self. I love you more than life itself. I just can't believe, I, an idiot prince got to have you by my side for eternity."

Elsa sat up, a deep blush spreading across her face, "I love you too." She smiled, "And I would never stop doing so. Gods above, Aiden, you don't know how smitten I am to you. The day your father shot you—"

"Snowflake..."

"I thought I have lost you forever. The arrow was so deep, I thought—I t-thought you were gonna die in my lap."

"I-I'm sorry, about that, again. I shouldn't have said.."

"Shh, no no, it's okay. You're fine now, and that's all it matters, right?" Elsa wiped some stray tears from her blue eyes, "Damn, these hormones."

Aiden chuckled, bringing her head close to his chest, holding her hand as he did. This woman is so precious and rare, it'd be a shame to let any harm come to her. She changed his life drastically, with just one glance at her face and every wrong thing seems to be okay.

He used to be this competitive, selfish, cold and ignorant man. He wouldn't be the man he is today if it weren't for his beloved.

He used to smirk arrogantly at the Northern Royal Guards, challenging them daily for a duel, and his blade had drew from sliced armor after armor. He used to be so cold towards the Northern castles maids, giving them time limits when it comes to his orders. He used to walk past greeting ambassadors and councilmen, as if they were nothing but none existent ghosts.

But now, he was easily weakened by a foreign country's Queen, brought down to his knees at Elsa's gorgeous mercy. He would easily melt against her touch, follow whatever she commands, a kiss or his priceless embrace.

And now we know, all men, all kings has a weakness, beyond swordplay and other things.

And majority of them is their beloved.

Ordinary or snow wielding.

"Your warmth. It's extraordinary." Elsa chimed, "I want to hug your arm forever."

Aiden laughs, "But we happened to be King and Queen of Arendelle and we can't stay like cute Koalas."

"Who says I'm cute?"

"Every single human being that exists." Aiden grinned, "I agree with them. I want to kiss every spec of your adorable face."

"Flattery will get you no where, King Aiden."

"Can it?" Aiden smirked. He planted a kiss behind her neck, glancing at the exit, "Dinner wouldn't be far now."

"Are you hungry?" Elsa asks.

"No," Aiden shook his head, "I want to remain in this garden and cuddle with my pregnant wife."

"You just love to read mind, don't you?" Elsa giggled.

"Oh, and darling?"

"Mh?"

"No paperwork for you."