Chapter 11 : Which Side to Pick

Start from the beginning

Not after a minute passed, he let out a smile. You were caught off-guard, as Tanjirou hesitantly brought up one of his hands to your head, and rub it against your forehead gently.

"We'll.. talk about this later then."

The contact of his hand against your forehead, somehow felt familiar. At first, it felt awkward because the burgundy-haired male wanted to make sure if you're okay with it. Your silence didn't help though, making Tanjirou think that you were uncomfortable as he immediately took his hand away.

Although, for a bitter short moment, his affection towards you feels like home. Just a little.

The silent moment was quickly interrupted by a loud grunt from behind your back. Your eyes widened before turning around, facing Yahaba once more as you realize that the said demon hasn't disappeared completely yet.

"Curse you! All of you!! If I'm going to die, then you will come with me!" The demon exclaimed, his wrath against you both was evident in his tone. He never once wanted to disappoint Muzan, yet Yahaba failed to proof his loyalty by getting his head chopped from his body.

The demon then looked like he's struggling doing something. You stare at its face with confusion, trying to figure out what he's about to do.

But suddenly, you heard a noise from not far from where you stood.

"Agh-! (L/N)-SAN!"

Tanjirou yelled at the top of his lungs, warning you about the demon's body that hasn't completely gone from sight. He saw them. The movements of its hands even after the head was detached from its body.

Yahaba cackled seeing you unaware of the arrows that are coming towards your way.

Your breath hitch, not having the time to react. Your whole body then quickly being sent off to mid-air by the arrows that you weren't able to dodge, dragging you to every direction without any signs of stopping.

The demon was entertained. The final thing that he would do before he's gone completely, is to reminisce the pain you're going through while being dragged forcefully by him. He was amused by the fact that you tried so hard to do something, anything.

His red demon eyes spotted Tanjirou trying to help in the distance. The demon doesn't want your suffering to end just yet. Without realizing anything, the burgundy-haired male was pushed by an arrow, sending him as far away from you as possible.

"K-Kamado-! AKH!" Your sentence were cut off because of the sudden change in direction you flew caused by the arrows. Your back aches, your chest feels heavy from having the feel that the arrows went through as the same time as it drags you. Some of the twists and turns managed to sprained your hands abruptly, making it harder for you to perform a breathing technique whilst suddenly being sent to the ground.

'This damn creature..! Even after you're decapitated, you still goes out of your way to kill me?!'

Your back suddenly felt the pulse of pain from being thrown to a wall, resulting for your breath to be uneven before you started coughing badly again. Not long after, you started coughing out splotches of crimson, meaning that you're almost at your limit at this point.

'It's harder to breath now..'

Not being able to move, your body rolled down to the ground on its own, leaving plenty of bruises on your skin, leaving dirts to your haori that had just been washed recently. You went silent as you slowly getting yourself up, with the soft grass below you as a support.