|71| stony ships it

Sam x Bucky
I don't care that you broke your elbow

  "This sucks,"Sam muttered to himself. He winced when he moved his arm to adjust his seat belt,"..ah, shouldn't have done that."

Sam sighs, he leans his head back with his eyes closed, jumping off a building with only one wing working was a bad idea. He regretted it so much, but it was either that or die, Sam very much like being alive. Sam was sitting in the back of the quinjet, along with the broken arm, he had an array of bruises up and down his body. Beside him was Bucky, who was put there unwillingly by Tony and Steve, they wouldn't stop grinning when Bucky finally sat down next to Sam.

Bucky's face was red, he blamed it on the physical action from the mission, but he knew it was something, someone who was making his face turns shades of red. Specifically, the person right next to him with his right arm broken. Bucky glances at Sam, his eyes were closed, Bucky would say something but he got hit in the throat then choked by the same assailant. It hurt to breathe sometimes, trying to talk was out of the question. Bucky sat silently with a flush face next to Sam, he had a crush on Sam. It was hard, Bucky turned red every time he was near Sam, and now it was even worse because if the awkward silence. That was unavoidable, he got attacked because he was too distracted by Sam who idiotically jumped with one working wing.

Tony walked over to them, he had a tupperware full of blueberries,"Want some?"

Bucky nodded no and pointed his throat, the hand size bruise answered the question. 

"Oh yeah, sorry about that, What about you?"Tony asked Sam, but he wasn't paying attention. Bucky poked Sam lightly; Bucky knew that his body ached like his. Sam opened his eyes and turned to him,"Yeah?"

His voice was low, it made Bucky blush more, he wondered if would sound like that under a different scenario. Bucky parted his lips slightly, he pursed them when he remembered he couldn't speak. Bucky used his chin to point towards Tony. Sam looked up at him,"Oh hi." 

Tony held out the tupperware,"Want some?"

He shook his head, Tony looked at them,"You guys are so boring."

Sam moved up,"Tony, What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Hey, I'm just trying to livin' the mood,"Tony defended. Sam looked over at Bucky,"Since Tony wants to livin' the mood what do you wanna do?"

Bucky started back at him, his cheeks were pink and he was biting on his bottom lip. He shrugged his shoulders, Bucky turned his gaze down, the eye contact with Sam was intense. Sam blushed, Bucky's cute blues eyes make his stomach flip. 

"I'm gonna go keep Cap company but if I come back here to find you being quiet, I will sit with you two for the rest of the ride back."

Sam moaned,"Fine, Bucky get something to write with because I am not having a one-sided conversation."

Bucky wore a small smile, he pulled his backpack in front of him from the seat beside him. He dug around and found his notebook and pen. The worn cover grew curiosity in Sam, he wondered what Bucky wrote in it. Bucky flipped to a clean page, he made sure Sam didn't see any of the pages that were littered with words. Bucky open the pen and places the cap on the opposite end of it. Bucky wrote the date on the page, where he was, and the time.

"Hey tomato,"Sam teased. His comment made Bucky blush even more,"How's your throat?"

Bucky scribbled on the page, hurts a little.

"Yeah I bet,"Sam looked at Bucky's neck, he subconsciously lifted his hand to touch it, his left hand. Bucky's body had goosebumps even though Sam barely grazed his skin,"You should probably get this checked out when we arrive."

Bucky nodded, his face burned. He turned down and wrote in his book.

How's your arm?

He lifted it up to Sam, he watched Sam's lips move as he read, what he would give to kiss them. 

"It's uh y'know, broken,"Sam joked, he looked at Bucky who obviously wasn't paying attention. Sam felt his face warm, Bucky was looking at his lips. Sam teased Bucky for it,"Like what you see tomato."

Bucky choked on air, it made his throat hurt so much; his eyes teared up from the pain. Sam noticed and immediately apologized,"I'm sorry-do you need anything? Water?"

Bucky shook his head, he wrote in the notebook, this time his writing was messy.

Just hard to breathe. 

Sam read the scribbly writing, he felt bad.

"Sorry, again,"Sam said embarrassed. His whole body felt hot from the embarrassment and guilt. 

Bucky finally calmed, he wrote more.

Sam it's fine. Stop worrying.

"Does it hurt any worse? Maybe they have painkillers,"Sam spoke quickly after reading. Bucky nodded, hurts a little.

"So do you want some painkillers?"

Bucky shook his head, he wrote quickly on the page.

Something else.

"What?"Sam said as he started to take off his seatbelt to go get whatever it was that Bucky wanted. Bucky stops him, he grabs him by his pants since his arm is hurt. Sam stopped and looked down at Bucky as he wrote more.

A kiss, I want a kiss.

Bucky blushed, he took a shot and he hoped it would it the target. Sam quickly agreed before he even processed what Bucky had written. Then it hit Sam,"You sly dog."

Bucky smiled, he pulled Sam back down. They looked at each other's eyes, their gaze never breaking. They shared a soft, sweet kiss. Sam made sure to be gentle as to not hurt Bucky anymore. Bucky smiled in the kiss and separated their lips.

I like you

"I like you to Barnes."

"Yes, the ship has sailed!"Tony exclaimed. Steve agreed with confusion,"I'm excited to but I don't know what that means!"

 Steve agreed with confusion,"I'm excited to but I don't know what that means!"

Requested by Fruitnuggy
I hope you liked it !!