High on Drugs.

Shaun was only six when his mum died from taking extacsy tablets, Shaun was only 3 when his dad died from drinking too much alcachol, Shaun was only 2 when his brother died from smoking. For Shaun life had never been worth living. He lived in East End manchester at White hill care home. There was a bunch of other kids there aswell but they were much older than him. To everyone else Shaun was just a regular 10 year old with a sad story.

"Wake up Shaun get down 'ere" The cook screeched in a voice that would make your ear-lobes rip.

Shaun quickly raised himself out of his bed and headed towards the door. He entered a small hallway with some stairs leading down. He went down the stairs and opened out into another hallway and at the end was a room on his left.

"There you are Shaun you'v bin steelin' all the the cakes haven' you" The cook huffed and screeched.Shaun was confused. He hadn't even touched the cakes.

"No no" protested Shaun. And then, Before shaun could react, he was getting beaten up by the cook. From the corner of his eye, he saw Tom, one of the older boys in the care home greadily eating cakes. when Tom saw Shaun he smirked, showing him the cake. He sighed but didn't say anything. When the beating was over Shaun quickly went back to his room. He could still feel blood on his back but he couldn't care less because he had grown used to the beating and now it just didn't bother him. The care home inspector came only once three years so that ment nobody knew about the beating and somehow when ever sombody rang to foster a kid the lines were always mysteriously dead.

 Shaun started getting changed for school but he sudenly stoped as he remembered that today was the day his homework was due, the same homework he had forgoten to do. He quickly pulled on the rest of his school uniform, got a pencil out and started doing his homework. It was maths, his least favourite subject. He finished the worksheet and put his homework into his bag and swung his bag round his shoulder. He ran to the door closed it behind him and ran downstairs. He swung the front door open and started making his journey towards the school. He looked at his watch and realized he only had a few minutes before the bell would ring. He ran as fast as he could, hoping that he wasn't late. He made it to school and saw that he was late, everybody had gone in the main enterence. Shaun ran towards the main enterence and found that the door was locked. Frantically taping the glass, he shouted as loud as he could, but none of the office teachers could hear him. They were too busy listening to Micheal Jackson songs.  Shaun then tried kicking the front door and to Shauns horor the glass shatered.

                                                                                  ******************

"But I told you they weren't letting me in" Shaun was was in the depute teachers office.

"Enough of that boy wheres that mother of yours? Oh yes i forgot shes dead". She smirked.

 Shaun turned a deep shade of red. He punched the teacher and blood poured out of her lip. He didn't care if she had ment to say it or if she had just forgoten. The teacher slowly felt her lip blood was gushing out from the cornor of her lip .

Shaun sprinted out the room towards the main door he saw that the broken glass had been removed, the two main doors wich had once stood majesticly welcoming the students of crookendale primary were now just two lifeless metal frames hanging by thier hinges.

He couldn't see the janitor so he pushed past the metal frames. Shaun sprinted down the concrete steps and there was a crash behind him and he guessed that the metal frames had probably colapsed. The school building was an ugly slab of concrete and glass. The windows crammed with decorations.

The more the school tried to make the students feel cofortable the less cofortable they felt. Shaun turned his head and gazed at the building he knew that this was the last time he'd ever see it, he thought of his teacher and the people in his class.

 He thought of how his classmates had bullied him and how his teacher picked on him.

He slowly raised his middle finger and swore at the school shaun stood there for a minute compleatly frozen befor he saw a dark figure racing down the school steps. Shaun turned around and ran towards the school fence. The rusty metal fence that surrouded Crookendale primary was the only thing that stood between Saun and freedom. Its spiked top looked even more deadly now that Saun knew he had to climb it. Suan slowly started climbing he had only risen a few feet when his foot stumbled and he fell to the ground. Saun lifted himself up and tried again and again it was the same result. Shaun turned around and now saw that the janitor was off the steps and was sprinting towards him.

Shaun looked across at the other side of the fence he let his gaze fall upon the old oak tree he scanned the tree and saw that one of its branches was hanging on his side of the fence.He felt the branch it would support his weight Shaun again started to climb the fence but this time using the branch as a makeshift rope. He rised a few feet higher this time than his previous attempts. His foot stumbled but this time the branch was here to support him. The janitor was now standing where he had been standing a minute ago. Shaun was near the top now he extended his hand ang griped one of the spikes he hauled himself to the top and let go of the branch. Shaun climbed down the fence and sprinted for the car park. 

The school car park could hold upto twenty cars but right now there was only 3 a renult megane a volkswagon twist and a vauxhall vectra.

He ran out of the car park towards the high street there were a few cafes outside the school advertising cornish pastries and ice cream. There was a bike rack outside one of the cafes holding a silver apollo the bike was a bit big but shaun wasnt to picky. The bike was chained to the bike rackbut that didnt matter because over the years Shaun had become an expert in pcking locks.Shaun took out his knife Shauns knife wasnt deadly but it could do some damage to a lock. He picked at the lock with his knife till sudenly it came loose, he ripped the chain off and mounted the bike.