His Precious Boy

Everything has a first time, they said. But Kuldeep had never thought Virat bhaiya shouting on him would also have a first time. When Virat decided to reserve him for the last 15 overs, he didn't question his Virat Bhaiya at all. For him, Virat bhaiya knew best.

But come his over against Pollard, he went after Kuliya amd when those West Indians heavy weights hit, there was little bowlers could do. And poor Kuldeep's off day happened, he got hit all over the park.

But that's not what the real shock to him came when Virat literally started shouting on him in the middle of the field. It wasn't a Stern guidance like Mahi Bhai, or Virat Bhai's usual half hearted chiding, it was a full fledged shouting. Kuldeep hated loud angry voices anyway, it scared him. And this was his Virat bhaiya, his protector, the person he knew loved him the most and he felt terrified to the point of bieng so numb that there was no reaction on his face. His face looked blank though his eyes were dilated with fear.

The blank look made Virat even angrier.

He shouted things like "Can't you even work this out? Do you always need a babysitter behind the wickets? This team cannot baby you around honestly."

Kuldeep kept looking blank and Virat burst out and left saying "You are impossible Kuldeep."

Kuldeep blinked back his tears and finished his over and went back to his fielding position.

After the innings, everyone was thinking about the mammoth target. And Yuzi had taken the stricken and shaken Kul under his wings, keeping him clear off Virat fearing that he would say something more to his Kul. And he would never tolerate anybody hurting his Kul, and he would have shouted on the person who had hurt Kul if it was somebody else but this was Virat Bhaiya, someone who loved Kul so much that Yuzi didnt know what to say to him. So he decided to just stay near Kul.

Kul didn't say anything too. He just curled into Yuzi, he wasn't crying just occassional soft snivels escaping his lips and Yuzi sat with his arms around Kul as though his arms would protect him from all the harm in this world.

After the match was over, KulCha intentionally took their seat at the back of the bus because Kuliya didnt want to talk with Virat right now, not because he was angry with Virat but because in his mind he felt that if his Virat bhaiya had shouted on him it must have been his fault, because in his mind his Virat bhaiya was perfect. And he felt he couldnt face his bhaiya right now.

Virat saw Kuliya taking his seat with Yuzi at the back of the bus and the guilt that had been gripping his chest now seemed even heavier. His Kuliya didnt want to talk to him, but he thought he deserved this, Kuliya had all the right to be angry, after all this was his fault, he had reserved Kuliya for last 15, knowing he was taking a risk. It might have paid off but it didnt. It was a batting pitch anyway, and with Pollard going off like that Kuliya was trying his best and instead of inspiring he had shouted on the boy. No, he deserved the silent treatment by Kuliya he thought oblivious to the fact that his baby brother was actually blaming himself.

Virat reached his room and showered and settled on the bed. He was missing Mahi bhai so badly today. He had messed up so bad, he knew he should go and talk to Kuliya but what if Kuliya refused to talk to him, he would never be able take that, it would kill him. But he knew Kuliya had everyright to do that, he had failed him as a brother. Mahi bhai would have never done this. He had never let his team down, he is the worst captain. Just as he was thinking all this someone knocked on his door.

Kuldeep returned to his room after the match and felt restless like anything. Yuzi had to leave him for a while because he had a interview lined up be prior appointment. He didnt wanna go at all but Kul insisted.