thirty four

“No way…..” I whispered I set the bat down and walked over to the bed. I touched his cheek and smiled “You’re alive” I cried. Sydney looked at me then at him. Sydney barks and licked his face. “Stop” he groaned. Sydney jumped off the bed and I hugged him. “You you were dead” I cried. “I didn’t die baby girl” I looked up at Carlos and smiled “welcome home baby” I kissed him and Carlos pulled back “how long?” he asked. “a little more than a year” Carlos tucked some hair behind my ear and smiled “well now I can see you pretty face” I sat up again and grabbed the phone. “What are you doing?” Carlos asked. “Calling the guys” Carlos took the phone and set it down “how about we surprised them” I nodded “How are you here I saw you dead” Carlos face became serious “my heart kept beating. I guess they thought I was dead. I wouldn’t leave you like that” I smiled and wiped my eyes “now can I go back to sleep?” Carlos yawned. I laughed and shut the light off. I laid next to him “night los” “Night baby girl” Carlos fell asleep and I got a text. I grabbed my phone and looked at it.

From: James

Hey you okay its storming

To: James

Yea I’m fine……I want to tell you but I cant…..he wont let me….

From James

Who wont let you?

To James

You’ll see later ;) night

From James

Night?

I set my phone down and held Carlos hand. “baby girl” he whispered “yes baby?” I turned my head to look at him “love you” I smiled “love you too”

Carlos is back!