Epilogue

Percy POV

Nico had a hell of a time explaining to me why he tried to kill me and Annabeth, but in the end we came to an understanding. If we're being honest, I don't know what I would have done in his position. 

Turns out, it was exactly what my rotting old body needed for a kickstart. Once Annabeth's life was in danger, that mixture of fear, anger, and (if we're gonna get a little mushy) love, really got the blood pumping again. And, well, you know the rest. 

So we went out and found Grover in the freezer that Annabeth had preserved him in, and we were able to bring him back too, much to the joy of his wife and child. He was a little frostbitten, so not all of his toes made it, but I don't think anyone really minded. 

Annabeth and I made it official immediately, and now I get to spend the rest of my life -- a human life -- with the smartest, bravest, best wife in the whole world. 

With our little gang reunited again, we were able to go out and raid an old hospital for some equipment. Leo managed to make this weird contraption out of an old pacemaker and those paddles that they use in the movies to restart people's hearts. The machine helped us to keep hearts beating long enough for the cure to work it's magic, and heal the body to a point where the heart could beat on it's own again. 

Our world is still pretty messed up, but we're slowly but surely making it suck a little less with every life we save. I'm not sure if we'll ever get back to the way things were, but as long as I have my troops at my back, and Annabeth by my side, I know we'll be alright.