Last Resort

All of what you need to know will be revealed soon...

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

His eyes shot open. His alarm clock has finally gone off. That one second of adrenaline that woke him up left his body leaving him tired and groggy. Lifting himself up off his now incredibly comfortable mattress, he reached over to his iPhone which he used as an alarm clock to turn it off. It was six o'clock in the morning. A reminder popped up on his phone.

"GET READY FOR SPEECH TODAY FOR GSA AT 8:30" it read. Suddenly realizing that a Gay-Straight Alliance meeting was today, he got right out of bed and into the shower. He tried to wash himself as fast as possible. Suddenly, his phone rang again. He peeked from behind the shower curtain only to be greeted with another reminder.

"MAKE SURE TO READ LAST ACT OF THE CRUCIBLE" the reminder read. He realized that he forgot to read it last night like he was supposed to. A million thoughts ran through his head as he shampooed his hair. "College sucks. Why haven't I dropped out yet? I'm getting nowhere in my life" Realizing it was now 6:08, he decided to not wash his body. He turned off the water and stepped out of the shower drying himself off. Then, another reminder showed up on his phone.

"TURN IN SPANISH PROJECT" the reminder informed. He then realized the Spanish project that he was supposed to turn in was never finished last night. In fact, it was laying on the floor next to his bed half-completed. At this point, he got into a panic. So many things he had to do and he was only halfway done with them. He slipped on his formal wear and looked around his room. It was a mess. He decided to clean up and read a summary of The Crucible on the Internet since he knew he wouldn't have time to read the actual last act.

He picked up some trash that was on the floor and put it into a pile where his beat-up trash can was. At the same time, he took glances at the summary article about The Crucible. Then, another reminder popped up on his phone. He started to feel light on his feet as if he was walking on air. What else could he have possibly forgotten? He picked up his phone and read the reminder.

"STOP" it read. He read it again as if he wasn't sure what he just read. The reminder said nothing more, nothing less. Just the word "Stop". He was confused. When did he write that down as a reminder? He slid to unlock his phone and put in his passcode: 0-6-4-9. It came up as incorrect. He tried it a few times but his phone kept saying his passcode was incorrect. Then, another reminder came up on his phone.

"YOU NEED A BREAK" it read. A break? he thought. But he had so many things to do! How would he have time for a break? Then, another question ran through his mind. Why is his phone suddenly telling him to do certain things? Before thinking of all the possibilities, another reminder popped up on his phone.

"CHANGE INTO SOMETHING COMFORTABLE" it read. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to listen to it or not. Then, a thought came to his mind. He must have scheduled something good. He changed out of his suit and into a T-Shirt and shorts. Once he did that, he received another reminder.

"LOOK UNDER YOUR BED" the reminder read. He looked under his bed and saw a black trash bag full of what he assumed to be regular garbage. Then, another reminder showed up.

"TAKE THAT TRASHBAG TO YOUR CAR" it read. He felt a little uneasy. How did his phone know there was a trash bag under his bed? Without thinking too much, he dragged the bag out from under his bed and carried it to the back of his car where he noticed that a cooler and tents were packed. A wave of confusion hit his head. A million questions raced through his mind while still focusing on the tasks he was originally doing. His thoughts were interrupted when another reminder popped up.

"GRAB THE GREEN FOLDED FROM YOUR GLOVE COMPARTMENT AND PLACE IT IN THE BACKSEAT" the new reminder read. At this point, he decided to just go with the flow and look in his glove compartment and sure enough, there was a green folder. Before he could grab it, another reminder popped up.