First Impression

Beep-beep, beep-beep, 'ugh' I moan as my alarm goes off, I shove my head under my pillow and try to ignore the growing business of the day.

Half an hour later I'm starting to fall asleep again when my door opens up and my little sister comes in, before I can stop her she whips my blanket off me leaving me laying in my bed with only boxers and a singlet keeping me warm. I scream and get out of bed, my sister stands in the doorway sticking her tongue out at me 'Layla' I shout as she runs down the hallway, briskly I walk down the hallway after her.
As I turn the corner I walk into mum 'hi dear' she says 'your up early'
I shoot Layla a dagger look and say ' yeah the little troll woke me up' mum bursts out laughing making Layla join in. They both look so similar standing next to each other with their short blonde bobbed hair and blue eyes, I, on the other hand, have brown hair, brown eyes and olive skin with a few freckles across my nose, my hair is about waist length. All in all, we look nothing alike but (sadly) were still related. As soon as they calm down I walk over to Layla, she looks up at me sweetly and says 'yes sister' I glare down on her and pick her up. She squels as I hold her upside down her head centre metres from the ground, all in all we're just your normal everyday family.

******************************************

I head up to my bedroom to get ready for school and find mum has layed out a new outfit ready for my first day of school as a senior. I get into the white silk skirt and lime boat neck shirt then ,to add a bit of my own style, a light denim vest, pull my hair up into a loose pony, some mascara, foundation (to hide my freckles), perfume and a bit of lippy, and I'm done. I rush down stairs grab a bowl of Weet-Bix and sit down with my mum and sister,
'nearly done' mumbled mum
'ouch' Layla complained, I giggled under my breath mum was trying to braid. Layla's hair for the first time, except it wasn't working .
'here do you want me to help' I offered.
'yes, yes' Layla begged a little to eagerly, now it was my turn to burst out laughing as mum laid done the hair brush
'no' replied mum calmly as she finished it off with a twist and a hair tye, Layla crossed her arms over her chest and huffed,
'no because you have to go to school' I worriedly look at the clock, yelp and run for the door.