Unfinished Love : Prologue

Esme's Point Of View

"She's crashing again people. Get me a crash cart!" the doctor ordered."Charge to 150. Clear" I watched as my chest rose and fell in reaction to the shock. "Come on - come on" he whisphered. The nurses and doctors stood silently, impatiently. "Shit. Resume CPR" I watched as they applied pressure to my ribs trying to bring me back to life. "Charge to 200. Clear" They stared at my moniter as my heart continued to flat line.

"Hang in there" I tell myself.

Slowly my heart started to beat again. "Shh!" The nurse yelled holding a stethoscope to my neck "There's a pulse!" The nurse says.

"But the screen" another said doubtfully

"Ben come listen" she eagerly said.

"There is a pulse! Clean her up and get her to CT"

As a nurse went through my pockets she found my wallet and attempted to put a name to the face. After opening the wallet she pulled out a red slip that read "Esmerelda Salinas: In case of an emergency call Marissa and tell her to pick up Sean. Also call Ty. Call Zachary but do not tell him who is in the hospital." She began to walk towards a phone when my monitor started beeping "Doctor, her bp is dropping!" The nurse yelled loudly.

He quickly ran in "Can you hear me?" He pulled out his light and pulled open my eyelid. "Pupils are dialated. Can I see her head CT?" he ordered and was then handed a thick sheet of flimsy, black paper. He held it upto the light and then you could see that this was a scan of my head. "She's bleeding and fast!" He said frantically "Anna get her rushed to the trauma unit. Max call the trauma unit, get them to book an OR right away and paige neuro and ortho and the general surgeon on call. We'll need all the help we can get!" The nurse went back to the wall, picked up the phone and started dialing. By the time she said hello, the doctors were already rushing me out of the room.

"You can call me Dr. Ben. You have been admitted to Sunnyside General Hospital - " He looked at the nurses and nodded a small nodd. "Now before we explain what we think happened and what your current condition is, is there someone you'd like us to call? Your parents maybe?"

Before I could attempt to reply, the nurse said "I found her emergency contacts and they are on their way"

"Great, we can wait for them to arrive." He said as they exited the room.